I'll always Be Here

◆◆◆◆◆

Zayn and Harry settled themselves into Zayn's bed, cuddling against one another. They could hear Zayn's sisters keeping up ruckus, probably arguing or whatever it is that they liked to do after dinner. Zayn's door was locked because they had a habit of barging in his room without permission and he absolutely hated that.

Tonight, Harry came to spend the night over Zayn's house and even though they had plans to spend the night with Zayn's family, Zayn and Harry sort of snuck away up the stairs into Zayn's room so they could be alone. Just the two of them.

Zayn linked their fingers together and pulled Harry closer. "I love you Harry."

Harry smiled and kissed Zayn's nose. "I love you more." Zayn didn't think it was possible for Harry to love him more than he loved Harry. Harry always made him so happy and he never thought he would fall in love with him. There were so many things that lead up to where they were now. They really had a backstory to their relationship. And it was one they would rather forget.

It all started when Zayn went to the library to find a book to help him to do research on some of the living organisms in the pacific ocean. He found a table where he sat across from a boy with curly hair, who had been studying something of his own. Zayn would have felt awkward not saying anything, so he took the initiative to introduce himself. That eventually lead to a conversation. Zayn found out that Harry went to the same school as him but he never noticed him or recognized him. It also turned out that they had the same lunch period and eventually they started sitting together everyday.

Zayn never ever turned his attention to another guy, or even fell for one before. Ever. But there was something about his green eyes and pink lips that he started to fall for. He had no idea how to tell Harry how he felt, but he was more than relieved when Harry was the one to kiss him first.

After awhile, they started to share their secrets with each other and even though Zayn wasn't used to it, they made a habit of walking each other to class while they held hands. Sometimes they even kissed each other before they left the school grounds. Zayn guessed that the best part about it was that they didn't really receive much hate for it, except for the occasional idiot that would spit words like 'queer' or 'faggot'.

Sometimes, Zayn would get angry and nearly get into a fight. But Harry always told him not to worry about what they said. He just hated it so much though. It wasn't that it got under his skin. It was just that, even though Harry said it didn't bother him, he worried that it did have an affect on Harry in ways that he wouldn't say.

"What do you suppose your sisters are doing down there?" Harry asked looking at the two hands they had put together.

"Making each other miserable." Zayn muttered. "I don't get how they can be like this all the time. But that's why I like to be here. So I can stay away from it."

Harry gave him a half smile. "You poor thing." he teased.

Zayn lifted their clasped hands and kissed Harry's. "I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you." Zayn spoke soothingly and he took his free hand and combed through Harry's hair.

"And I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you either."

"Yeah..."

Love was a term that Zayn did not like to use loosely. Because he knew too many people who used it too liberally. He never really told his mother and sisters that often, mostly because they already knew he loved them. But he did tell Harry that all the time. Because Harry needed to know. Who knows what life would have been like for him now, if Zayn didn't love him?