A Different Kind of Fan

Short drabble that I wrote on Tumblr

*****

Harry is on the set of Dunkirk. They've been on the same scene for what seems like forever because one of the actors didn't memorize this part of the script as well as he should have. Right now they're on the 10th take of his particular part.

Harry is restless and so is everyone else. The director yells "cut!" and urges everyone to take a break. But instead of getting something to drink or just getting out of the sun, Harry decides to go over to the barricades, which is quite a ways away, where fans have been waiting to catch a glimpse of one of the stars. Fans closest to the front hold out their books and items to be autographed and he does. He moves down the line and when he reaches the very end, one of the fans ask "Can you sign my book?"

The familiarity of the voice causes Harry to look up. Immediately he's met with the smile of a fan who's covered from head to toe in clothes and he has on a hat and sunglasses. His hands are in his pockets. To everyone else, he's unrecognizable and unimportant. But Harry knows this is Zayn and he's aware that his hands are in his pockets so people can't easily recognize his hand tattoos.

"This is a nice surprise. What made you come here today?" Harry asks and as always, there's a light inside of him that shines bright at the mere presence of Zayn.

"Came to see Actor Harry in person." Zayn answers in a low tone. "He's weird."

Harry smiles and then their short little conversation is interrupted by the director on the bullhorn. "Alright let's get ready for Take 11! Places people!"

"Still want me to sign your book?" Harry teases.

"Over dinner tonight."

Harry chuckles and shakes his head as he walks across the grass and further away from the barricades. He's not sure if he'll feel up to joining Zayn for dinner later. But suddenly he isn't so restless anymore.