"If you order me," I suggest.

"I do," he says firmly. "I absolutely command you."

I caress his side with the back of my hand. "Then what can I do but obey?"

"Excellent." He turns and guides us behind a sand dune. He spreads his jacket on the ground and the two of us lie together, arms  around each other, kissing and whispering until I am near weeping with desire.

He touches me all over my body, without shame. His hands unlace my bra at the back so he can caress my naked breasts. He bends his brown curly head and suckles at me till I cry out with pleasure and think that I will rise up in more and more pleasure until I can  hardly bear another moment of it. Then he plunges his head into my belly and bites me hard on the navel. I flinch with pain and pushing him away, I find that I am screaming and fighting him off instead of sighing.

He wraps me warmly and lies beside me unmoving for a long moment until my hunger for him  subdues a little. Then he turns me over and lies his long lean body against my back and lifts a handful of my hair so that he can nibble at the nape of my neck.

He presses himself against me so that I feel his hardness even through my shorts and I know myself to be pressing back like a whore, as if to beg him to do the deed and do it without permission, for I cannot say "Yes." And God knows I cannot say "No" either.

He thrusts against me, pauses, and thrusts again. I press back, longing for what will happen next. He goes faster and I find myself rising towards pleasure getting to a point where I cannot stop and I know if he wants to take me here and now, I cannot decline.

Then before I reach my pleasure, before he has much as touched me skin to skin, he pauses and gives a little sigh and lies down beside me again. He gathers me to him, kissing my eyelids and holds me till I stop trembling with desire.

♥♥

It soon becomes a habit and every day while the wind blows onshore and keeps ships in the harbour, we walk and hide between sand dunes and make love, which is not really making love, but it is the most intimate of courtships.

Every day I hope, against myself, that today will be the day that I will whisper "Yes" or that he will force me to it. But every day he stops just a second, just a moment before my consent and holds me in his arms and soothes me as if I am racked with pain instead of desire. And there are many days when I cannot tell one from the other.

There are many times when I am tempted to unzip his pants, let him have me in the open like a village girl, under the seductive sun with only the cry of seagulls to distract us.

He would kiss me till my mouth is sore with kissing, my lips swollen and chapped and at night when I dine with my family, without him, I can still feel the bruises from his passionate biting when I put my lips to a cool glass to drink.

♥♥

We are back at the beach for the tenth day when Nahar suddenly turns and takes my hand. "We can't keep doing this."

"What?" I ask stupidly. I am still so dazed with pleasure I am hardly aware of the sand beneath my boot, the smashing sounds of the ocean waves against rocks, the warmth of the evening sun on my right cheek.

"Sneaking here is unsafe," he says.

I rest my arm on his chest. "What?" I repeat.

He turns, sees my dazed expression and laughs at me. "Oh sweetheart, you are far far away, aren't you? We can't keep coming here. Someone's bound to see us and it will ruin your reputation at school."

The words finally sink into  my understanding. "So what do we do?"

He holds me with him and he rises up bringing me to sit beside him. I recognise the ache in my body as unfulfilled desire, more desire, another day of desire, the tenth day of unfulfilled desire.