Ice Cream Night

Cassandra marched down the stairs into the batcave. Bruce was still working on the batcomputer, where he had been for the past day and a half. He had promised that he would leave their latest case alone tonight, because tonight was ice cream night.

Bruce didn't even look away from the computer screen when Cassandra approached him.

"What do you need, Cassie?" Bruce inquired, still not looking directly at her.

Cassandra crossed her arms, "It's ice cream night."

Bruce sighed but didn't cease his typing,"This case is important, Cassie. You know that."

"Said you'd take a break." Cassandra reminded him firmly.

"This needs to be finished." Bruce returned, finally letting his fingers fall away from the keyboard. "When I have time, I promise, I'll-"

"You already promised." Cassandra interjected, pouting slightly. She wasn't really sulking, but she knew it always got a reaction from her father.

Bruce sighed, looking up at Cassandra with a slightly softened gaze, "Cassie, honey, I-"

"Need to take a break." Cassandra interrupted, reaching her hand towards the power button on the large computer.

"Cassandra..." Bruce said in a warning tone. It wasn't quite his 'Batman' tone, but it was close enough to scare off most people. Cassandra wasn't most people.

The girl inched her fingertip closer to the button, "You promised."

Bruce's gaze darkened slightly, "Cassandra Martha Wayne. Don't you-"

He stopped short as Cassandra jabbed her finger at the power button, shutting down the computer. Bruce sighed heavily.

"It's ice cream night." Cassandra pressed.

Bruce had to take a deep breath before he could reply, "Fine. Fine, you win. Just let me-"

"No." Cassandra said quickly, grabbing his wrist and pulling him out of the chair. "Ice cream first."

Finally Bruce relented and allowed Cassandra to drag him upstairs, pulling him after her into the den. There he was shocked to see Dick lounging on a couch, along with Tim, Stephanie and Barbara. Even Alfred was seated comfortably.

"What did I tell you?" Stephanie piped up. "I knew Cass would do it."

Tim groaned and pulled ten dollars out of his wallet, shoving it into Stephanie's awaiting hand. She pocketed it with a smirk.

"What is this?" Bruce inquired, eyeing each of the room's inhabitants with suspicion.

"Well," Dick began, shoving a large spoonful of chocolate ice cream into his mouth. "Not only is it ice cream night, it is also father's day."

Bruce felt his stomach drop. Of course it was. He had known that.

"So, we decided to get together and watch movies." Tim explained. "I was like, a hundred percent sure none of us could get you out of the cave, but I guess I was wrong about that."

"MIss Cassandra is certainly convincing when she needs to be," Alfred stated, sending the girl a fond smile, which she returned.

Bruce shook his head with a small chuckle, "What are we watching?"

The room seemed to light up with smiles as Alfred handed Bruce a bowl of ice cream. Bruce hadn't even seen the older man get out of his seat.

"Take a seat, B." Dick said, moving his feet in order to allow Bruce space to sit. "We were thinking about watching Zorro."

Bruce gave his eldest a small smile, "Alright."

Dick beamed back at him as Cassandra settled on the couch between them, curling into Bruce's side with her own dish of ice cream. Dick pressed play as Alfred and the others settled into their own seats. This was a pretty good Father's Day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N/A: Whipped up with cute short in honour of Father's Day, hope it doesn't feel too rushed.