Food Challenges

It's a well-known fact that Jason can cook almost as well as Alfred. Back in his Robin days, he had always held an interest in the culinary arts, and Alfred had been more than willing to teach him. However, this skill can be a drawback when the other batkids randomly show up at Jason's safe house when they get hungry on patrol. 

        ******************************* 

Jason had just finished making a late-night meal and turned to grab his plate of steak and mashed potatoes only to see Tim chomping down on the perfectly cooked steak, which was stabbed rather ungracefully on a fork.

 Jason immediately grabbed a nearby wooden spoon and smacked at Tim, "I spent $17 on that steak, you little gremlin!! Geez, doesn't Bruce feed you anymore?!"

Tim gave a choked laugh as he dropped the steak and scampered away from Jason's reach, "I though Damian was the gremlin?!"

 "Yeah, well, you're a close second." Jason said before he paused, staring at his mangled steak for a moment before examining Tim's always thin form, and went on. "There's a brief case of clothes in the other room that should fit you. Get changed."

Tim looked down at his costume almost self-consciously, "Why?"

"'Cause I'm pretty sure you're done patrol for the night and I'm also pretty sure Bruce doesn't want you to be seen eating at Waffle House at 3AM in your suit." Jason shot back, grabbing a Tupperware for his mashed potatoes.

"Why are we going to Waffle House?"

"'Cause Red Robin's is closed and I'm too hungry to wait." Jason explained shortly, grabbing his jacket from the back of a nearby chair. "Now hurry up or else I'm going without you. You owe me a steak, by the way."

"Here's a better question: why are you making steak and mashed potatoes at 3AM?"

"...Shut up."