The Deal Can Wait

It was another boring gala, one that even Jason had been dragged to under some stupid alias. The whole 'family' was there. Even Cassandra had come back from Hong Kong an made an appearance at the event. Oddly enough, Lex Luthor had yet to show his face.

A slightly familiar tune came from the stage, prompting a few couples to step onto the dance floor.

Jason, Damian, and Tim stood near the dance floor, but remained just far enough away to keep from being noticed. Dick was a few feet away next to Barbara, chatting with some Wayne Enterprises business associates.

Just then, Stephanie approached them, slipping her hand into Tim's, "Have you guys seen Selina at all tonight?"

The three boys shook their heads, looking incredibly bored. Bruce and Selina had been in yet another fight, which wasn't unusual, but this one seemed different. Worse, even.

Stephanie sighed, "Bruce invited her to the gala tonight, but so far she hasn't shown up."

Damian narrowed his eyes, "How do you know he invited her?"

"I overheard him leaving her a message earlier." she replied casually.

"Where is Bruce?" Tim inquired, sneaking his phone out of his pocket. "I've hardly seen him tonight."

"If he went on patrol without us, I'm gonna be ticked." Jason stated while very blatantly playing a game on his phone.

Once again, Stephanie sighed, "Well, I'm gonna go find Cass. Have fun."

The boys didn't reply as Stephanie slipped away into the crowd. A new song started playing from the stage. Looking around in boredom, Damian's eyes suddenly caught sight of something very interesting.

"Drake..." Damian muttered, almost sounding shocked.

"What is it, Demon Spawn?"

"Just. Look. Up."

With a sigh, Tim did as he was told, only for his jaw to go slack at the sight of Bruce and Selina dancing skillfully in plain sight in the middle of the dance floor.

Tim suddenly elbowed Jason in the ribs. Hard.

"Ow!" Jason exclaimed, moving away from Tim's bony elbows. "Geez, Replacement, what the he-"

Tim suddenly reached up and grabbed a piece of hair from the back of Jason's neck, forcing him to look towards the dance floor and catch sight of their 'parents'.

"Holy..." Jason muttered as Tim released his hair, leaning slightly to the side in order to tug at the sleeve of Dick's suit. "Golden boy..."

Dick quickly excused himself from the conversation and looked to his younger brothers, whispering hurriedly, "What do you need? I'm making a deal with Mercury Labs!"

All of a sudden, Dick noticed Bruce and Selina out on the dance floor, "Oh... the deal can wait..."