Prison Complaints

It was a casual Saturday morning as several of the batkids, excluding Jason, sat casually in the den. Tim was leaning on the arm of Barbara's wheelchair as they discussed a line of code on the computer resting in her lap. Stephanie was quietly explaining Cassandra's English lesson to the incredibly confused girl, while Damian was curled in a nearby armchair, sketching.

          Suddenly, the front door slammed and Jason appeared. His clothes were rumpled, and his hair was stringy and greasy, which was rather abnormal for the young man. Also, the bruises on his knuckles didn't escape the notice of the others

         "GUESS WHO JUST GOT OUTTA PRISON!!" Jason exclaimed, far too loudly.

          Barbara grinned, "Oh, good. The release form I filed for you finally went through!"

          "That form hasn't even gotten to the Black gate's mail room yet," Tim corrected, not looking up from the laptop. "I wiped his records and put him into the system as a John Doe disturber of the peace so he would only be in for a few nights."

          Everyone turned to look at Tim as Barbara exclaimed, "Seriously, Tim?! All that talk about doing the right thing and letting Justice take its course and you go and do the sketchy thing behind my back?!"

         Tim scoffed, "Black Gate is literally the easiest thing in Gotham to hack, it's not all that exciting."

         "That doesn't make it any less fun!" Barbara retorted. "Jason! I need you to get arrested again!"

          "What?! No!" Jason shot back. "I'm going to see Alfred! No one here is excited enough to see me!"

         Cassandra perked her head up with a sad, confused expression, and Jason sighed, "Except for you, Cass."