Christmas Carols

"We should sing a christmas carol," Dick blurted suddenly, catching the attention of his siblings as they lounged in the den at the Manor.

"We should do what now?" Tim demanded, looking oddly at Dick, who smirked at the younger boy.

It was December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. And, by some miracle, almost the entire 'family' had been assembled at the Manor. Even Barbara was staying at the Manor until after they opened gifts on Christmas Eve before spending the rest of the holiday with her dad.

Jason released a quiet sigh and leaned his head against the back of the couch. He knew what was coming, and no one could stop it.

Dick began singing in his flamboyant tenor, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas."

Damian burrowed his face further into the back of the armchair he had claimed earlier, "Grayson, please..."

"Everywhere you go," Stephanie chimed in from her place on the lush carpet in front of the fireplace.

"Take a look at the five and ten," Tim sang, not looking up from his tablet.

"Glistening once again," Barbara joined, grinning at Dick.

"With candy canes and silver lanes aglow!" The quartet belted.

Dick looked at Jason expectantly, "Come on, Jay."

Jason shook his head without replying as the others continued to sing. Even Cassandra had begun bobbing her head along with the music, but Damian still remained silent.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Everywhere you go.

There's a tree in the Grand Hotel, and one in the park as well."

Finally, Jason gave in and sang along, his steady baritone evening out the higher voices of the others. "The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow."

Dick and the others grinned as the entire group continued to sing. Even Damian was looking more intrigued at the prospect.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Toys in every store.

But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be

On your own front door."

Just outside of the den, standing in the hallway was none other than Bruce. He listened with fondness as the song finished and couldn't help but wish that his kids would continue singing. When it seemed that wouldn't be the case, Bruce moved across the hall and headed into the kitchen.

There he found Alfred hard at work, as usual, trussing the massive turkey that would grace the formal dining room tomorrow afternoon. Perched on the opposite end of the counter was Selina, wearing a grey sweater with a black cat in a red santa hat. A mug of Alfred's famous apple cider rested in her hands, which were perfectly manicured with red nail polish, which she had only assented to because Cassandra had begged.

"I suppose you caught that lovely bit of song, Master Bruce?" Alfred spoke up, a fond smile gracing his face as he slid the turkey into the fridge.

Bruce nodded, "I did."

"Well, hopefully it's not the last time they do that." Selina commented, taking a sip of her cider. "Jason's got quite the voice. Now, Dick, on the other hand..."

Alfred smirked, and Bruce couldn't hide his grin.

"Dick has been blessed with many talents," Bruce stated. "But I'm afraid singing just isn't one of them."