ii - Auditions?

So Hi, I'm (Y/N).

(Y/N) (Y/LN). I'm 17, I have (H/L) (H/C) hair, & I play tenor saxophone. I'm a self proclaimed band geek & I'm starting at a new school this August.

I'm actually on my way to register for classes right now. Currently it was June 25th. We moved into our new house less than a week ago, so naturally the next thing to do was to register me at the new school. My mom pulled into the parking lot as I took in the campus. It was huge! Their funding was probably through the roof..

"Grand Line High School, home of the pirates." My mom stated matter-of-factly, turning off the car. The school was tall & concrete, overflowing with red, white, & black tiling & architectural detailing. I marveled at the size of the buildings as we made our way up to the front doors. We made our way through the lobby into the main office, looking for someone to talk to.

"Hello, I'm Ms. Makino, how can I help you today?" A slender woman with dark green hair walked over to where we were standing.

I stuck my hand out to shake hers, "(Y/N) (Y/LN)." She smiled & shook my hand. My mom did the same, explaining what we needed.

"Oh a new student! How exciting, please, come with me." She smiled politely & led us into a hallway connected to the main office. It was a relatively short hallway, lined with windows on the left & doors on the right. The plaques next to the doors labeled each room, Guidance office, Attendance office, Director of Athletics, & at the very end of the hall was the Principal's office.

Ms. Makino knocked on the principal's door, opening it slightly. "Mr. LeRoux, there's a student here who needs to be registered." He must have responded as Ms. Makino opened the door fully, allowing us to enter.

We were greeted by a tall man standing behind a dark mahogany desk. He was wearing a white button-up shirt that was half tucked into his black slacks & a red tie. His hair was slicked back slightly, letting a few of his wavy locks fall at the side of his face. His tie actually matched his hair perfectly. But his most prominent feature was the claw-like scar over his left eye. I wonder what the story was..

"Hello, welcome to GLHS, home of the pirates. I'm the principal, Mr. LeRoux!" He smiled and shook our hands. "Have a seat & we can get started." We all sat in unison. He typed on his computer for a second and then turned to me.

"Okay let's start out with something easy, what's your name?" He leaned back in his office chair.

"(Y/N) (Y/LN)."

He inquired about legal things for most of our meeting like my age, grade level, birthday, medical concerns, classes I've taken before, etc. He seemed really laid-back for a principal, maybe I don't have to be so scared about this new school thing.

"Okay last thing, I promise." He chuckled as he continued, "Classes. There's a required math, science, history, english, p.e. & fine arts class per year, but that leaves 2 open slots for whatever else you want."

"Just sign me up for whatever band classes you have." I almost interrupted the ending of his sentence with how fast I replied.

"Oh so you play? What instrument?" He seemed genuinely interested in this fact.

"Tenor sax, sir." i replied simply as he jotted some stuff down on my schedule.

"Well if you're interested in band I suggest going to see Mr. Igaram or Mr. Brook, our band directors." He handed the schedule to me and stood up. Me & my mother took this as a message to stand up as well.

"I'd love too, could you tell me where to find them?" I tried to contain my excitement. Mr. LeRoux wrote down some directions on a sticky note & set me off.