xix - Homecoming Queen.

Satin swished around my legs as I stumbled in front of the mirror to do my mascara. My hand held the side of it to support myself. Blinking rapidly, I took a step back to assess the full image. I struck a pose in the mirror, bringing one of my legs forward to see the slit in my satiny blue slip dress. My chunky black flat-forms contrasted with the delicate icy blue color of the dress, being matched and balanced with the oversized denim jacket I pulled around my shoulders. Running or not, Homecoming is still overrated and I'll be caught dead before I dress completely formally for something like this. Keeping it casual grunge is much more my speed.

=====𝚝𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚒 🍊🎀=====

Nami 🍊🎀:
girl, HURRY UP
we've been out here for like 20 mins

Me:
🖕
im coming rn

=====𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍=====

"What do you think?"

I practically twirled down the stairs to my mom already taking pictures.

"Like a little queen,"

She giggled as she snapped some more photos of me at the bottom of the stairs. An involuntary grin wiped across my face as I reached for the door,

"Be back later, love you."

My ears were met with the sound of a car horn as I finally stepped outside. It was Vivi's navy blue SUV. The windows rolled down as I approached, the muffled sounds of music now becoming crystal clear.

"Come on! We want to take pictures before I have to announce it!"

Nami thrusted open the back door for me to climb inside.

"Can't rush perfection."

I rolled my eyes as I climb into the backseat with Robin and Nami.

"Yeah, yeah; you're not royalty yet—but I do love your take on it."

Nami started, but was interrupted with a compliment from Robin.

"Everyone ready?"

Vivi peaked in the rearview mirror at us, pulling the car into reverse. Kohza was riding shotgun, being the fire to Vivi's ice princess look.

"Wait where are Usopp and Fra—Hey! Watch it, I'm back here too!"

My head whipped around to Vivi's spacious trunk, seeing the aforementioned pair pushing against each other to fight for space in the back. Usopp was dressed in a grey tuxedo with orange detailing, and Franky was wearing grey with blue detailing.

Robin and Nami wore orange and blue to match Usopp and Franky. Nami's dress was a low-cut slip dress as well, with strappy cutouts on her hips and gold chains draped around her shoulders. Robin's was more of a sundress cut, but still satiny and fitted to be more formal to fit the occasion.

Vivi and Kozha were blasting music the whole way to GLHS; it felt like a fever dream. Nami forced flash selfies on us and the wind blowing from open windows made the moment feel like a music video.

Hopefully this movie moment-esque feeling would last the whole night.

When we arrived the sun had just finished setting and the sky was turned shades of blue and purple against the moon. The entrance to the school was decorated to the 9s. Giant balloons, red and blue, spotlights, glitter, ribbons of fabric; you name it. I tried to slip into the school without Nami's prerequisite of pictures, but Vivi and Robin helped keep me hostage out front with them.

𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝐴𝑡 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑆𝑒𝑡 ♥️ {Eustass Kid x Reader}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara