i - Big News

"Try not to gasp." your mom said abruptly, turning to you in the car. You had just sat down in the car after the last day of your junior year. She always picked you up on the last day, it was just tradition.

Although, today she had news. She had told you this morning that she had something to tell you, but the bus arrived just before she could explain. The anticipation had been eating at you all day and you couldn't wait any longer. "Well? Spill it, you made me wait all day for this!" You turned back to her, excitement pumping through your veins.

"We're moving." She stated simply, giving a lazy jazz hand. I honestly didn't know how to feel. "Your dad got a new job a couple towns over in East Blue city. I know it's sudden, but so was the offer. We're moving at the end of the month and you'll be spending your senior year at GLHS." She explained further.

You felt vaguely happy & anxious, but mostly thrilled, "Wait–really? Their band is like 4A! They're always at least top three in every competition!" Your mom grinned at your excitement.

You were moving. You didn't know whether to be excited, sad, scared, or all. The school you had went to previously didn't really have any special meaning to you, no one special that you would miss or that would miss you. The only thing you could thank that school for was for honing your saxophone skills. The prospect of a large marching band was thrilling & you couldn't wait to get there.

You drove home in a comfortable silence as you daydreamed about your upcoming senior year. What would it be like, would you make any friends, would you be able to stand your ground against the other musicians at the school? It was all so overwhelming and exciting.

Look out GLHS, here comes (Y/N).

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

The 1st chapter is pretty short, but I plan on making chapters to come longer.

I just needed to get this little part out there as kind of a prologue.

Stay posted for updates~

& stick around & read awhile ♥️