xvii - Caught You

"I can't do this anymore."

She stopped in her tracks. The slight movement of the Jeep settled as she fell back into the passenger seat.

"Why not? Don't you love me anymore?"

I could feel her stare, but I couldn't even look at her. The tension was thick and warm.

"It's because of her isn't it?"

"And if it is? You act like I don't have plenty reason enough to drop your sorry ass!"

The words shot from my mouth without hesitation.

"That's not fair! She can't just take you from me, we have history Kid! She's just some loser from no where, I–"

I could hear her voice breaking, and I felt nothing,

"I'm your girlfriend, you're supposed to be in love with me!"

"I don't want to be Bonney–I don't feel like that anymore."

I gripped the steering wheel in front of me,

"You haven't been my girlfriend for a while."

I finally turned to look at her,

"You've been using me and we both know it!"

She was crying, shrunken back into the passenger seat, trying to get as much sympathy from me as possible;

but I was done.

"Get out."

"Wait–Kid, I can chang–I–We can make it wor–"

"I said get out!"

I was parked in her driveway. She thought it was going to be like all the other times, but I never pulled off her property tonight. She tried to fight it more, but I just ignored her. I had nothing left to say to her.

She was my 1st... everything. My 1st girlfriend, my 1st kiss, 1st..

I loved her.

She slammed the door when she got out. There was a swish of cold air that swirled into my tousled Jeep. Silently, I pulled into reverse.

The quiet was deafening on the way to meet Heat at the gym.

He was outside when I pulled up.

"Did you do it?"

I just nodded.

I felt inexplicably heavy; shouldn't I feel better?

"Let's just go inside."

Heat didn't question it further, and we made small talk while doing our normal routines.

Heat casually turned to get my attention,

"Hey, did you do that music appreciation worksheet thing yet? I was going to see if (Y/N) would do it for me, but now it's so late—Shit! No–I-I can ask her."

I let an earbud fall to my side, pulling out my phone.

"Well do it! It's not even halfway through the semester and we're already seriously behind on the everything."

"Like I care? I'm only doing this for your sake."

I tried to FaceTime her. Hopefully she'd answer–Actuallywhat if Law is still there?

"Wait, I'll just text her, she had to do this project with Law tod—dude, it's fine, just do it, come on."

She answered while Heat was talking. I turned my attention to my phone surprised she picked up that fast.