Chapter Twenty-Two|Happy Christmas

Leah had never been more grateful for her skills than she was in that current moment. Leah had been able to brew very high quality, and usually very expensive printing ink for Fred's gift.

In reality, Leah had in fact been more grateful in the grand scheme of things. Her skills are what would help her out of her abusive home. However, they were especially necessary at this moment.

Leah put the finishing touches on Fred's gift at 11:58 P.M. on Christmas Eve. Tomorrow was, in fact, Christmas Day. Leah found herself decently indifferent about the holiday itself, but definitely cold to it when tied to her biological family.

But she of course now had the comfort of knowing that they were irrelevant for the rest of her life.

Leah went down the stairs to leave Fred's now wrapped gift under the Gryffindor Christmas tree. It was beautifully decorated with burgundy and gold garlands with very small lights. The tree illuminated the room allowing Leah to tiptoe without falling.

She smiled and placed the gift underneath the tree. Leah admired the tree for a moment and backed up to go to her dormitory.

Leah suddenly found herself bumping into someone and turned around. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you."

It was George to her slight surprise.

"No worries, Rose. Just came to leave the gifts from Fred and myself. Lost to him in scissors, paper, rock." He smiled and set down the stack of gifts in his hands. Leah smiled and took a small step backward.

"Y'know you can call me Leah, right?"

"Yeah, it's just you're dating my brother so just trying to keep things casual yet proper. Sorry, Leah." George emphasized her name and they both chuckled.

"We're not exactly dating, George, you know that."

The boy simply smirked and turned on his heel.

"Call it what you will, Leah. You know he's all for you and you know that you're all for him." George then proceeded to walk up the stairs without another word.

Leah grinned happily, knowing that George was in fact right. She went upstairs and went to sleep.

Fred was beyond thrilled to open gifts with his friends. Part of him still felt fairly childish at heart. All he wanted to do was wake up and open the gifts.

However, he had to remain in agony for a while because his circle of friends decided to open them after dinner. While the younger Gryffindors proceeded to rip apart their gifts, most students in fourth year and above went to eat breakfast.

Leah and Alicia walked into the great hall to find the twins and Lee already sitting at the Gryffindor table.

Fred smiles as Leah sat down next to him with a small grin.

"Merry Christmas, Rose." Fred said. Leah grinned and grabbed nothing but a biscuit from the food set out.

"Merry Christmas to you too."

Fred then proceeded to pour some eggnog for the two of them and handed a glass to Leah.

"Cheers."

Severus stood alone in his potions room in silence. He could feel the cold wash over him as the snow continued to fall so gracefully. The sudden opening of his door shocked him, causing him to jerk his head only to see his prodigy walking towards him with a box.

"Hello, Severus. Merry Christmas." Leah then went on to hug the man with one arm, leaving him to uncomfortably put an arm around her.

"Merry Christmas, Leahanna." They then moved apart and Severus grabbed a box from under the desk.