Chapter Fourteen|Admitting It

"A-Are you joking?" Fred stuttered. He was in complete shock.

"Yes, I think I could make a duplicate of this map." Leah saw the shocked look in Fred's eyes. "That is if you want me to."

"Of course I want you to! This map is the answer to our problems if we had another, we could give this one to Harry."

Leah looked at him with confusion. "Harry? Why would you give this map to Harry?"

Fred shrugged. "We feel he needs it more than we do."

Leah smiled at Fred and George's kindness.

"Well don't give it to him before I can make a copy of this. It might take me a week or longer."

Fred shook his head. "We want to give it to him at a later Hogsmeade visit. We reckon he'll try to sneak in."

Before Leah could respond, Patricia Stimpson walked into the common room crying.

"Patricia, are you alright?" Leah asked her roommate.

Patricia just shook her head and cried out. "These bloody O.W.L tests are going to drive me mad!"

Leah and Fred just stared blankly at her as she stood there. Patricia then walked up to the dormitory, leaving without another word.

"You have to take O.W.L.s this year. I took them last year for everything but care for magical creatures." Leah said.

Fred was first shocked that she had managed to take almost all the electives.

"You took all the electives?" he asked.

"No. I skipped out on ancient runes, divination, and muggle studies. Now I take N.E.W.T. everything except for care for magical creatures. I actually decided to add that on this year."

Fred couldn't understand how she was so intelligent.

"I assume you got outstanding on all of the exams." said Fred.

Leah shook her head hesitantly. "No, I didn't."

Fred stared into her soul, waiting for her to come clean about the truth.

"Okay, fine! I did get outstanding on all my O.W.L.s, but it's not important!"

Fred just shook his head at the girl as she embarrassingly looked away. He tapped her shoulder and she turned back to him.

"You shouldn't be ashamed of that. You should be bloody proud, actually. I bet no one has gotten outstanding on every O.W.L. exam they've taken. You're literally a genius."

Leah blushes and turned away. She looked at the map. "Thank you, Fred. How do you vanish it?"

Fred put his wand back to the paper. "Mischief managed."

The map disappeared and the parchment was left blank. Leah lightly smiled up at Fred.

"So could I keep this for the next week and get you a duplicate by next Wednesday? If you want me to do it another time, that's alright too." She folded the parchment and held it out for him to hold.

Fred pushed it back to her. "You can start working on it whenever you like."

He stood up and walked to the door, but stopped before he left. "I'm a bit hungry, so I'm going to grab a snack. Want to come with me?" Fred pointed towards the door.

"Fred, we had dinner only an hour ago." Leah said.

"Doesn't change the fact that I'm hungry, Leah. Now, are you coming with me or not?"