Chapter Sixteen|Prank Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

Leah had managed to almost never be in a class with the people her age, resulting in her seeing them as immature.

Fred had done most everything to lighten her up. She didn't budge as she just observed class, taking very little notes.

Fred put himself at ease when he reminded himself that she would laugh later at the hilarious prank they were playing on her friends.

Right?

Leah had fallen asleep on the couch instead of going to lunch. She had been up late working on her classes in her bed. Leah was making sure that she'd have top marks again.

Alicia looked at Leah's still body on the couch. She was curled up with a book and a piece of parchment pressed to it as well.

The quidditch player reached for the parchment out of curiosity. Leah's hand suddenly grabbed her wrist and stopped her from grabbing the paper.

"Leah and her damn reflexes." Alicia peeked Leah's hold off her arm and headed out.

Leah had never let anyone steal anything from her in her life. While she may not have been the fastest and most athletic, her reflexes were quick. Nobody could take a thing from her.

Leah moved around on the couch, hugging the Marauders map tighter.

"So is this supposed impress her?" George asked his twin.

"I don't think pulling a prank on her friends counts as impressing her." said Lee.

Fred shrugged. "I don't intend it to impress her but I wouldn't mind if it did."

Fred and George were in the quidditch locker room putting on their gear while Lee just waited with them. Alicia and Angelina were no where in sight.

"I reckon we do it now before they get here."

Leah sat down in the stands before quidditch practice. The team was on the ground talking while Leah and Marisol sat side by side.

Leah was aware of what was going to happen, but none of her other friends were.

Leah had simply forgotten to warn Angelina and Alicia of what was to happen.

The team started mounting their brooms. Leah watched eagerly as her best friends got on their brooms.

While everyone else took off high into the sky, Angelina and Alicia stayed only five feet off the ground. They were also flying backwards very quickly.

It had worked.

Leah watched as her friends tried to get their brooms working properly.

"What the hell is wrong with their brooms?" Marisol asked.

Leah did her best to keep a laugh in. She glanced up at Fred and George, who were acting as innocent as everyone not involved.

The quidditch captain, Oliver Wood, managed to get the team on the ground to help the struggling chasers.

Once Angelina and Alicia touched the ground, they ran up to Oliver and started yelling.

"Our brooms weren't like this a week ago!"

"This is a sick joke or something!"

The poor boy just stood there and took the yelling instead of mentioning that he had no part in it.

Alicia nudged Angelina to look at the two red heads grinning.

"What's so funny?" Alicia said sternly as she walked up the them.

"Honestly, It was hilarious what those brooms did to you."

"Yeah, you can't deny it wasn't funny."

It happened so suddenly. Angelina ran up to George and slapped him across the face. A loud 'SMACK' was heard throughout the pitch.

Leah heard it loud and clear.

Angelina then proceeded to push George into Fred, causing them both to fall.

"You absolute gits!" Angelina grabbed Alicia by the arm and pulled her along. They left their brooms on the field and disappeared to the locker room.

Everyone in the pitch just watched in silence as the twins stood up.

"Fred, George..." Oliver exasperatedly shook his head. "Don't do that again. Back to practice everybody!"

Leah looked at Fred, who was already looking up at her. She gave him a look that Fred knew too well.

'I told you so.' was written all over her face.

George rubbed the side of his face where Angelina had struck him. He was less frustrated with the fact that the prank wasn't funny, and was more upset that Angelina managed to hit him.

Leah was well aware that this was going to be really bad.

It happened, and it ended just as bad as she expected.