Chapter Fourteen|Admitting It

Start from the beginning

Fred watched as Leah checked the wall clock. There were ten minutes until they had to be back in the common room.

"Well let's hurry because there's ten minutes until curfew." Leah stood up and they were on their way out the door.

Fred began running down the corridors towards the great hall. "Let's go, we've got to make it back before curfew!"

Leah was beginning to get out of breath from running around.

"Fred, do we have to run?" said Leah tiredly.

"Yes, Leah! We've got eight more minutes to get back to the common room!" Fred continued running. He was running steadily, but he could hear Leah struggling behind him.

Fred came to a stop and bent down. Leah stopped behind him and panted.

"Get on." Fred said. Leah shook her head and stood straight up.

"No, Fred. I'm not getting on your back."

"We've got seven minutes, get on!"

Leah reluctantly hopped on Fred's back. He then took off down the corridors and headed towards the great hall.

Fred grinned as Leah laughed as he ran down to the great hall. She had locked her hands together around his neck gently, making sure to not choke him.

They finally arrived in the great hall and Fred reached for a paper bag kept by the pastries.

"Alright, let's just throw a bunch of things in here." Fred packed the bag full of pastries.

"Fred, you can put me down."

"No need, there's only three minutes to get back on time!"

Leah laughed out and Fred handed her the bag.

"Hold this so I don't drop you while I run."

Leah took it and held onto Fred again as he sprinted out of the great hall.

They laughed with each other as Fred took them through the corridors and up the stairs.

Once they got inside the common room, Fred dropped Leah on the couch and sat on the floor. He looked up to see her laughing, causing him to smile. He was happy that she had fun on their little run.

Leah looked back at the clock.

"It's a minute past nine! We did it!"

Leah reached to high five Fred. He quickly hit her hand and dropped his arm back to his side.

"You've got the map right?" Fred looked at Leah with slight panic. Leah pulled the parchment from her robe and held it up for him to see.

"Of course I've got it. Have a little trust in me, Fred."

He chuckled and turned his head to look at her. He already found her grinning at him. They just looked at each other for a moment before Leah shook her head.

"I-I should get to the dormitory." She stood up and Fred did as well. They stood in front of each other.

"Here are your pastries that we struggled so hard for." She handed them to Fred and they laughed.

"Thanks. See you tomorrow. Goodnight, Leah."

"Goodnight, Fred."

Leah walked up the stairs and Fred sighed. He then walked up the stairs and into the dormitory.

Leah walked into the dormitory and shut the door. She checked to make sure Patricia was asleep and looked at all her friends.

"I've got something to tell you all."

Alicia, Angelina, and Marisol turned their heads to their best friend. Leah stood at the door, taking deep breaths from coming up the stairs.

"I admit it."

Marisol grinned while Angelina and Alicia looked confused.

"Admit what, Leah?" asked Angelina.

"I admit that I fancy Fred Weasley."

The three other girls looked at each other, then back at Leah. They then spoke in unison with smirks on their faces.

"Knew it."

Hours later, around midnight, Fred took a long sigh while laying down in his bed. Only George and Lee were awake since their other two roommates fell asleep.

"I admit it."

George and Lee began giggling like little boys in their sleep. Fred had finally decided to cave, and they were getting a load of it.

Fred got annoyed with their rightful laughing.

"Shuddup!"