The Unexpected (Kalijah)

Start from the beginning

Elijah stood in front of him, as soon as Klaus entered.

"What is she doing here, Elijah?" Klaus questioned, clearly unhappy.

"She's here to stay as long as I allow it," he informed his brother. "She's pregnant with my child, because of what she is. She's also human, which means she's a part of this family now, so I expect you to be on your best behavior."

Rebekah entered, as Elijah explained the situation to Klaus.

"Bloody hell," she stated. "This family is dysfunctional as it is. Now Katherine's going to be a part of this family, too?"

After saying that, Rebekah went upstairs to her room, not wanting any part of what was going on.

"Fine. I promise I won't hurt her," Klaus told Elijah, before going to his room, as well.

The next day, Kat woke up and went downstairs to find the kitchen.

After she'd had breakfast, she went to the parlor, assuming where she'd find Elijah or Klaus.

Upon entering, she saw Klaus having a drink and sitting in the chair. Elijah wasn't far from the drinking table.

They looked at her, when she entered.

"Good morning, Katerina. Sleep well?" Elijah greeted her.

"I did, actually," she replied. "So, any enemies we have to worry about or plot against?" she asked them both.

"Not at the moment," Elijah assured her.

"Well, I'm celebrating the defeat of Dahlia and for the second time, the fall of our parents. You're welcome to join me, Katerina," Klaus told her and offered.

"I think I'm gonna go out instead, but thanks for the offer."

She left the parlor and compound. She'd heard about Freya and Mikael's close relationship. Now that Klaus had killed Mikael, she knew Freya had to be upset. Since she knew Freya was a witch, she knew where she'd be.

She entered the cemetery and soon found her.

Freya sensed a presence, so she looked to see the mother of Elijah's unborn child.

"You shouldn't be here. You should go," she told Katherine.

The human approached where she was. She saw some ingredients on the rock.

"Why would I leave? I came here to talk. I know what Klaus did to Mikael, but you need to look at it how Klaus and the rest of them do. They never knew Mikael as the kind father you knew. He was ruthless. He ruined their lives, just as Dahlia ruined yours. I'm not picking sides, but I understand what you're feeling. I spent 500 years looking for a way to kill Klaus after he killed my mother. He slaughtered my village and family, but I was closest to my mother. I wanted revenge for what he did, but after I found out how to kill him, I let it go. Seeking my revenge wasn't worth losing my vampire family I care about. Whatever revenge you may have planned, it's not worth it. Even if you succeed, the three of them are thick as thieves when there's a threat. You'll lose one way or another. Take it from me. It's best to grieve and move on. Live your life. I know Klaus as well as I know myself. He doesn't take it well when family betrays him. I don't like betrayal either," she told her.

Freya watched her leave, and knew that Katherine was right. Revenge wasn't the answer.