12

Connor drove Annaleigh and Rebecca home. Annaleigh promised Clint and Nora they could come over the next day and take Rebecca out while she painted the house.

"Thank you for the ride. Your family has been amazing to us," Annaleigh whispered. She peeked into the back seat where Rebecca was fast asleep.

"You two are important to us." Connor leaned over and kissed her quickly on the lips.

"Do you want help to paint tomorrow?" Connor asked.

"I can't take both of your days off. I know you are an important part of our community as sheriff and deserve to be ready for a week of work," Annaleigh argued. She wanted help to paint an entire house on her own was daunting.

"I couldn't rest knowing you are here working away to make this home one you love," Connor shared, taking one of her hands in his giving her a genuine smile.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to regret helping me," Annaleigh inquired.

"Yes, I will be over at nine. I can help you get the last of the boxes unpacked, and once my parents pick up Rebecca, we can get all the paint you will need. Madison also said she found you some new living room and kitchen furniture. It will come around one tomorrow afternoon."

"True, thank you."

"Anything for my mate Kitten." Connor leaned over and this time the kiss they shared drove all thoughts from her mind as his tongue slipped between her lips to mate with hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned over the gearshift, almost sitting in his lap. Connor's hands slipped down to massage her breasts, and Annaleigh had to stifle a moan. He yanked, and she was straddling his lap, their lips still fused together as if they were two teenagers again.

"Promise you will think about being mine Kitten," Connor whispered, after breaking the kiss. Annaleigh nodded and looked into the back seat at her little girl.

"Want help to get her in the house?" Connor asked, and she nodded. He smiled, and with her help, they got Rebecca out of her car seat and into Connor's arms without waking the little girl. Annaleigh ran ahead and opened the door. Connor looked perfect carrying Rebecca. If Annaleigh thought about it, he had been more of a father to Rebecca in the less than twenty-four hours he'd known her than Wesley had been in the four years she'd been alive. Pushing down the feelings trying to overwhelm her, Annaleigh closed the door and followed as Connor carried her daughter up to her bedroom. He laid her down and tucked her in before looking up to catch Annaleigh's eye.

"Thank you," Annaleigh whispered, and he nodded. Connor wasn't sure he could keep his hands off of Annaleigh. She kept looking like she wanted to devour him.

"Anytime, she means a lot to me even if I've only known her for less than a day. Do you think you can promise me you will tell me what happened between you and Wesley when you are ready?" Connor closed the door behind him and crowded Annaleigh into the corner of the hall.

"When I am ready. I have tried very hard to put all of that behind me," Annaleigh replied. She put her arms around his neck and let him kiss her, this time his hands rested on her hips. Connor released Annaleigh and rested his forehead against hers.

"I should go." He kissed her once more and wrapped her in a tight hug. Annaleigh hugged him back and followed him to her front door. She tried hard to come to terms with the feelings coursing through her as she watched him leave. She felt disappointed and lonely, almost as if she'd never see him again.

"Connor!" she called, from the front of the porch, he stopped his hand on the door handle of his car. He looked at her with his deep brown eyes and her resolve snapped. She ran down the steps and path to the driveway and threw herself into his arms, wrapping her thighs around his waist, her mouth crashing onto his. She controlled the kiss pushing her tongue past his lips and tangling hers with his. He tasted of beer and something much more addicting as she kissed him. He turned them so her back was against his car door. He used his body to hold her up as his hands moved up to cup her breasts. She moaned her pleasure as he massaged one and pinched the nipple on the other.

"Don't go," she murmured against his lips, Connor's eyes flared gold and he asked,

"Do you know what you are asking?"

"I want you to make love to me and stay the night. I don't want to be away from you again." Annaleigh pulled back so he could see she meant what she said. Connor growled and carried her back inside, he paused long enough for her to lock the door before making his way up to her room. She'd chosen the master suitewhich was furthest from Rebecca's room. 

A/N: Please let me know how you like the story, any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated. Don't forget to vote!

Always You (Oak Woods Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara