Who's to Blame

Third Person POV:

The police came later to take Marie away. A police report had been filed by Johnny about Marie sexually abusing Karter in the past, and physically attacking Chloe.

Marie: "Vertes I'll be back for you!"

Karter: "In your dreams sister!"

Johnny: "I still can't believe that and you..."

Karter: "But how did you know about that? Who told you?"

Johnny: "Who do you think told me bro?"

Both Melissa and Jill came up to the school, after being called up. They instantly came running out the car to Karter and Johnny. Maddie, Kenz, Annie and Chloe caught up to them afterwards.

Jill was over-concerned about her son. She had no idea about the abuse. She kept asking about the situation, but Melissa told her they would deal with it in the court.

"Listen to me. Whenever you feel uncomfortable about something, don't ever be afraid to talk to me, your father, Melissa, or anyone about it." Jill told Karter. "That goes for everyone too."

"I need to ask a question." Chloe told everyone and looked directly at Maddie. "What did Marie tell you that I said?"

"She said you called us trash dancers, and said we didn't deserve the fame we had." Maddie replied.

"Marie also said you called us and out mother brats." Kenzie added.

"That little..." Johnny hissed.

"How could you guys believe any of that in the first place?" Kendall asked them.

"Chloe has been really distant the last week or two." Kenzie stated.

Karter started staring to the ground.

"For these past week, I've been so lost. I didn't know who I trusted, or who were my friends anymore. I just felt like Marie took everything from me." Chloe told them. Her voice kept cracking, making everyone know she wanted to cry.

"It's my fault." Karter looked up and said. All eyes were on him now. "The moment Marie walked through that door, I should have said or done something. My insecurity 'kicked in' and got the best of me. None of this would've happened if I said something day one."

"Well said Karter. Well said." Annie smiled saying.

"Can we all just go back to being friends? Please?" Johnny asked everyone.

Everyone looked on each other. At that point, they knew everyone agreed with each other.

"Can we get a group hug?" Kendall asked. The group then slowly hugged each other.

"Now, we all just have to worry about the school dance." Maddie joked.

"Not the school dance. I can't even twirl properly." Karter complained as everyone laughed.

------------------------------

A/N: Well look who's back. I believe the next chapter is the final chapter of this book.