Picture This

A/N: I JUST STARTED BACK WRITING, SO YES I'M SORRY I LEFT Y'ALL HANGING.

THANK YOU FOR 4.8K READS ON QUOTEV AND 1.2K READS ON WATTPAD.

AND ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS!

---------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

-6:30 PM-

Karter regretted what he did earlier, so he wanted to forget all that.

Karter stopped breathlessly at the end of the third block he ran, looking towards the forth. He could see a gray car pull up in-front of a house not far away. It's Annie's house. He walks towards it briskly, almost falling to his knees.

He finally made it, dragging his feet breathlessly in-front of Annie.

"Someone's in a rush." Annie smiled with him.

Karter opened the door of the Uber and said, "Ladies first."

Annie and Karter hopped in the Uber, which was scheduled to bring them to the mall, but didn't know what they were heading into.

As Karter left, the girls were planning to go out and have fun that night. They decided to go to the mall, the the movies. All but Chloe were going. Chloe was still hurt from earlier. But, how could she not. She loved Karter. Loved.

"C'mon Chlo, you sure you don't wanna come?" Maddie asked Chloe, who was sitting in her mom's car.

"No, I'm not feeling good." Chloe simply stated.

The girls finally started walking away, but Kendall remained behind.

"Chlo, I'm just as confused as you about Karter. I'll talk to him." Kendall said.

"There's no need to talk to him. I'm fine." Chloe stated, winding up the car window, leaving a frown on Kendall's face.

Kendall went and caught up up with the rest of the group. The girls thought it was very fishy that Karter left all of a sudden. Especially Marie, she was on to something. The girls arrived to the mall after Karter and Annie.

"So Annie, where do you want to go?" Karter asks. "I don't really know what you like you know, so I want to get to know you better, and I want you to get to know me better."

"Well, I like Starbucks, and Chick-fil-a. We could go either." Annie said. Karter agrees with her. They both went to the nearest Starbucks. While waiting in the line, Karter looked to the corner of his eye and saw the girls walking towards Starbucks.

"Hey Annie, you mind buying my drink? I got to use the bathroom. And don't tell my sister I'm here." Karter said, shoving the money in Annie's hand, jumping out the line.

"Ah, um, OK. Wait, sister?" Annie asked confused. Annie then turned to meet Kendall and the rest of the girls.

"Annie, this you?" Kendall asked as joining the line.

"Oh, Kendall, hey! What's going on?" Annie greeted her, and her friends. "I see you're not alone."

"Yeah, girl's night out. " Kendall said.

"Annie, this is Marie, my older sister. You haven't met." Maddie told her.

"Nice to meet you." Annie smiled, reaching out her hand.

"Yeah, you too." Marie said, shaking Annie's hand. "Why are you here all alone?"

"Oh, I was here with, a friend. But she left a while ago. I was just gonna get a Starbucks and leave." Annie lied, sounding confident with her words.

"We are gonna see a movie." Kendall told her.

"Oh fun, which movie?" Annie goes on.

"Coco. Or is it Daddy's Home 2?" Mackenzie asked.

"We'll decide when we reach there." Maddie answered.

"Next in line." The cashier called out to Annie. Annie went up and ordered two drinks.

"Two drinks, who's the other for?" Maddie asked.

"My mother." Annie said smiling.

Marie stated paying attention to Annie's body language. She could tell she was lying. That's when she started observing her surroundings. Marie looked around to see if there was anything 'out of place'.

"Later you guys." Annie said as everyone, but Marie, waved at her.

Annie walked away, towards the area she had a feeling Karter was. As she took the corner, ran into him.

"Thank you." he said taking his drink from Annie. "Keep the change for the favor."

"Why didn't you want them to know you're here." Annie asked Karter.

"It's a long story. I'll have to explain you somewhere, far from here." Karter responded.

They both leave the mall and walk towards the park not so far. Karter sat Annie down at a bench viewing the water fountain. He then explained to her about Marie. All the things she'd done to him. Annie has never heard about a girl doing such things to someone.

"I don't get why you're telling me all this. We known each other for about a week." Annie stated.

"I guess I trust you more than them. I don't know why, but I do." Karter answered, leaving Annie shocked.

"And I think you should apologize to Chloe." Annie added.

"I still don't get why she was crying like that. She's told me multiple times she doesn't love me. She never wanted to date me. I've been always friend-zoned by her. Maddie wanted to date me. I said no to her, because I had my heart for Chloe. And she's not the only one. Lexi, Brighton, Indiana. And I said no to them all. For a girl that never wanted me."

"Maybe she felt hurt as a friend. She is your best friend, your partner in crime."

"I'll think about it."

"Hey, I want to take a picture to remember this day."

Karter got up from laying down and took the picture with Annie.

"Thanks for such a beautiful day." Annie smiled happily at him.

---------------------------------------

A/N: Spicy stuff. Who the heck does Chloe have feelings for? AND Next chapter...Asher.