The Time To Strike Now Approaches

AYAME'S POV

"*Cough! cough!*"

I was coughing badly early this morning and I was throwing up in the toilet while Ayato held back my hair. I spat out for the tenth time and then Ayato asked me while I was wheezing.

"Are you all right? what's going on with you?"

"...It's the blood pills...now that the lunar eclipse is here, my body has begun to reject them..." I wheezed before gagging again.

"But why?"

"I'm part of the blue blood race remember? ...my power is gonna get stronger and...because of this...my body has begun to reject the pills..."

I wiped my mouth and then Ayato rubbed my back.

"Are you all right now? is it out of your system?"

"Ugh...I think so..."

"How are you feeling now? any better?"

"A bit, yeah..."

I said as I rubbed my stomach and then we got back to my room. I collapsed onto my bed and then Ayato gently stroked my head with a worried expression on his face.

"You're pale as a ghost, does this always happen every lunar eclipse?"

"Yeah, but, Okaa-san doesn't have it as rough as me...I guess she's stronger than me but, I only wished my body wasn't rejecting the blood pills..."

"You're still worried about attacking someone if you lose control?" Ayato asked me with a small smile on his face.

"Can you blame me...? this bloodlust that I keep feeling during the lunar eclipse...it scares me and I'm worried about losing control and attacking someone who's close to me..."

Ayato gently ran his fingers through my hair and it felt soothing to me. 

"Don't worry, Ayame, I'm here," Ayato said in a soft tone.

I blushed a little when Ayato said that. I smiled a little and I said to him.

"Arigato Ayato, I don't know what I would do without you."

"You're Ore-sama's partner in crime and best friend, I'll always be here if you need me."

I sat up a little and I continued to smile at Ayato before he gently stroked my cheek. Ayato slowly leans closer to my face and our lips were inches away from each other until someone knocked on the door.

"Ayato-kun? Ayame?" Yui spoke up after knocking on my bedroom.

Ayato and I snapped out of it before we scooted away from each other before Yui entered my room. Yui looked between us and she then asked us.

"Did I just interrupted something?"

"No, you didn't interrupt anything, Pancake," Ayato grumbled quietly.

I looked at Yui and I could smell her scent a bit clearer now that my vampire powers getting stronger. I frowned a little as I tried to hold back and when Yui noticed this, she looked worried.

"Ayame? are you all right?"

"I'm ok...I'm just feeling out of sorts that's all," I told her as I gripped onto the bedsheets tightly.

AYATO'S POV

I noticed straight away that Ayame was trying to hold back so I got in front of her with back towards Ayame and I said to Yui.

"Anyway, was there something you wanted?"

"Actually, Reiji-san told me to get you two because there's something that he and the Mukami brothers need to tell us."