Everything In My Life Was Perfect, But Now, It's Falling To Pieces

AYAME'S POV

Since I'm no longer going to school, I've been spending my free time looking at my collection of Yu-gi-oh cards, writing new songs and looking online for some new music equipment. I took a sip of my tea until my phone started ringing. The ringtone that I chose for my phone was the theme song to a Zelda game.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ayame, where are you? we're waiting for you at the cafe."

"What? it's that time already? sorry, I'm heading over there, I just need to sneak past my old man first though."

"Good luck."

Lisa said to me after hanging up the phone. I got my Yu-gi-oh cards and my phone. I put my favourite beanie on and I looked around after taking a peak out of my room. I looked at my personal maid, Mary and I asked her.

"Psst! Mary."

Mary looked at me and I asked her.

"Where's my dad? is he here?"

"Nope, he left five minutes ago, he got a call from work."

I sighed in relief and she then said to me.

"Don't be back late."

"Thanks."

I said with a smile before dashing out of the house. I got to the cafe and I met up with my friends. John saw me and I said to him.

"*Pant, pant* I'm so sorry I'm late, I lost track of time."

"Were you working on your songs again?"

"I was, sorry, you know what my brain is like, one minute I'm planning a strategy for the Yu-gi-oh tournaments and then the next thing I knew, some new lyrics came into my head."

"Well it doesn't matter, you're here now."

I smiled at him and I sat down at one of the tables and this time I'm going up against Sarah.

"Ready to lose, queen of the Yu-gi-oh tournaments?"

"Not a chance."

I said with a smirk and then we began to play. In the end, I was the overall winner after beating Sarah including four other players. John gave me a new mat and a packet of cards as the prize.

"Nice!"

"Winner and still champion of the Yu-gi-oh championships."

Thank you, thank you."

I said while bowing and then Samual spoke up.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in."

"Oh come on Samual you played well this time, I have to ask though, where did you get the Emperor of darkness cards from?"

"I got it from my big brother, but, I'm still going to beat your butt one of these days, Ayame just you wait and see."

"I'll believe that when the time comes and when pigs fly out of my arse."

Sarah and the others laughed at my joke. I looked at the time and I realised that it was late and Dad would have been home by now.

"Oh shoot! I gotta get back to the house, I'll see you guys tomorrow!"

I said as I ran out of the building and headed back to the mansion. I climbed over the wall and I looked around and then one of the gardeners saw me and I hushed him. I got off the wall and I landed on the ground and I asked him.

"Is my Father back yet?"

"He's in the living room, it's best you went through the bedroom window."