You're Never Alone In This World

AYAME'S POV

I was in the middle of doing my homework in class and Reiji was helping me which was both a good thing and a bad thing since he kept telling me to do it and he warned me if I failed my next test he'll take my music equipment away from me. I finished working on a maths formula and then he looked it over.

"Well?"

"Looks like you managed to fix it, at last, nice work."

I sighed in relief and then we heard a group of students shouting 'fight! fight! fight!'. We went into the hall and we saw Subaru beating up another student. Reiji sighed in disgust and he spoke up.

"Oh brother, not again."

"Again?! don't you think we should do something?!"

"Leave him be."

Shu spoke up while lying on the floor with his back resting against the wall.

"He'll stop once he's finished beating up that student."

"You lazy jerk!!"

I frowned angrily and I managed to separate Subaru and the other student. I held back Subaru and I shouted.

"Subaru! calm down!!"

"Let me go Ayame!!"

The triplets showed up and I looked at Ayato.

"Ayato! thank goodness you're here! I could really use your help right now!"

Ayato stopped the other student from attacking Subaru until the head teacher showed up.

"What's going on here?"

"That albino started beating me up!"

"Only because you kept calling me names and insulting me!!"

Subaru and the male student shouted. Subaru tried to get out of my grip and then the headteacher said them.

"Enough! Subaru, Daisuke! in my office now!!"

Ayato and I released the two fighters and then they were taken to the headmaster's office. I sighed in relief and I looked at Ayato.

"Thanks for the help Ayato."

"No problem."

"What is Subaru's problem? why is he so angry all the time?"

"Don't mind him, he's just got a short fuse nothing to worry about."

I sighed a little and then Shu said to me.

"If I were you, I wouldn't try and get close to Subaru or try and talk him round, he'll only bite your head off."

"I'm not scared of Subaru's temper, I've seen a couple of guys who had anger issues before, you guys are forgetting I used to a bit of fighting myself, Ayato, you saw the trophy in my room."

Ayato gulped after I said this and I then said to the others.

"I'm actually surprised he hasn't got kicked out of school because of his temper."

"You've got no room to talk, how many times did you get expelled from school?"

"Um...probably about ten or eleven times and by the way, I had my reasons for getting kicked out of school."

"Whatever."

Ayato said before he walked away from me. I sighed a little and I headed to my next class.

TIME SKIP...

After classes were over, we got back home and I headed straight to my room. Right now, I'm working on a drawing which was a white tiger. I smiled at my drawing and I decided to hang it up on my wall with my other drawings. Just then, I saw Subaru walking alone in the gardens. I could tell that he seemed a bit sad and lonely from the way he was looking at the roses.

Watching Subaru from this distance reminded me of the time how lonely I felt after Mom and dad split up and ever since then, I can't stop being angry at the one person who made my life hell. I sighed a little and I decided to find out why Subaru is always lonely and bad-tempered. I got to the gardens and I spotted some white roses. I knelt down and I gently ran my fingers over the white rose and I smiled a little.

"How beautiful."

"What are you doing here?!"

A familiar voice shouted. I knew who it belonged to so I didn't jump in fright before I stood up and looked at Subaru.

"Hey Subaru, if you're trying to scare me, you're gonna have to do better than that, I don't scare too easily."

"Tch, I wasn't even trying to scare you, what exactly are you even doing here?"

"I just came to check up on you and have a look at the roses while I'm at it, I can understand why you love coming here, it's peaceful and quiet here and no one is bothering you."

I said as I glanced at the white roses. Subaru looked at me surprised and he frowned a little.

"Well right now you're bothering me!"

Subaru said he tried walking away but I got in front of him.

"Really? then how am I bothering you? I'm only trying to have a conversation with you."

"I don't want to have a conversation with you! leave me alone!!"

Subaru yelled before he walked past me and I shouted.

"What the hell is your problem?! why do you keep shoving people away from you all the time?! what have you got against the world?!!"

Subaru glared at me and he shouted.

"That's none of your business! JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME BEFORE I BREAK NOT ONLY YOUR BODY ALSO YOUR MIND!!"

"IT IS MY BUSINESS IF YOU'RE BECOMING TOO VIOLENT!!"

Subaru and I glared at each other and he shouted.

"Too violent?!! says the girl who trashed her old man's car and beaten the crap out of Laito!!"

"I only did that because I'm angry at Otu-san for what he did to Okaa-san and Laito was being a pervert!! Subaru! don't you get it?! you're never alone in this world!"

Subaru looked at me shocked and then he looked away from me.

"You don't know anything about me, why do you care so much about me? what's the point? you're nothing more than bait."

"That isn't true, I'm not bait and the reason why I care so much, it's because we're friends."

Subaru looked at me shocked while I continued to smile at him.

"We're...friends?"

"Of course, but, that's entirely up to you, but, I can tell you this now, you're never alone in this world."

I turned my back towards him and I began to walk away from him. Just as I walked away from him, Subaru then spoke up.

"Just to let you know...."

I turned to look at him and he continued.

"I'm always used to being a lone, but, if what you're saying is true about us being friends...then fine, but don't get any funny ideas."

I giggled a little and I crossed my heart.

"Cross my heart."

I said with a smile before heading back inside the mansion.