It takes a small spark to ignite a rebellion.

You were lost in your own thoughts as you walked back to your room. Your mind was still occupied by the conversation you had with Dave. It made you feel like shit, to think that Dave would leave you. Of course he was wrong for making decisions for you. But even still, his intention wasn't wrong. And you can't be mad at someone for good intention.

"Where the hell were you?" Steve yelled, bringing you back to reality as you opened the door to your room. You looked up at him and immediately backed up to the closed door, seeing how mad he was.

"I-I..." You stuttered, still finding it hard to bring your mind to focus on the reality. "Steve, i told you I had training."

Steve glared at you through clenched teeth, "Do you think I'm stupid?"

"Steve, I never said-"

"Your training ended an hour ago, Y/N. Tell me where you were now or I swear on God's name, I'll-"

"I was with my trainer!" You blurted out, scared by how angry Steve was. You chose to say trainer instead of Dave. That way, you weren't lying to Steve nor were you telling him about Dave. Even now, you figured something must've happened while you were gone to make Steve this angry. He couldn't have been this angry with you. And if he found out about Dave, only God knows what he'd do.

"Yeah? Had fun being under him, did you?" He growled, towering above you as he took a few steps towards you.

"Steve, you know there's nothing like that!" You cried out. You hadn't meant to yell nor to raise your voice. But the emotions from the conversation with Dave and the fright that ran through your body with Steve in front of you overwhelmed you to an utmost extent. Tears ran down your face, your voice got louder and bolder.

You made the mistake to look up at Steve as you yelled/cried. He snickered down at you and raised his hand. Your eyes widened for a second then closed shut, your hands coming up to your face to protect your face involuntarily.

But the blow never came. You stood still, too scared to even move. You refused to open your eyes or uncover your face because you were afraid he'd hit you the moment you did so. "Steve, please..." You cried. "You're scaring me."

You heard a heavy sigh and receding footsteps before you opened your eyes. Steve had walked away and was sitting at the table now, his head in his hands.

"S-Steve?" You spoke cautiously.

"For God's sake, Y/N. Why do you always hurt me so much?" He said, taking his head off his hands as he looked at you.

"I didn't mean to-"

"Could you or could you not have come back from the training on time?" He asked.

You looked down at your feet, "I could have, yes." You answered honestly.

"But did you?"

You shook your head, your eyes still glued to the floor, "I did not."

"Tell me, Y/N..." Steve sighed. "Do you deserve to be punished?" He asked.

You furrowed your brows a little and looked at Steve, confused. "But I didn't mean to-"

"Do you or do you not deserve to be punished?" He asked again, his voice louder this time. "And keep your head down when you talk to me." He scolded.

You looked down and answered, "I do."

Steve didn't say anything for a while before he got up and walked over to you. Your mind thought of all the possible punishments Steve would come up with. To your surprise, he simply hugged you.