Sozin's Comet, Part 3: Into the Inferno

"The knife in my heart couldn't slow me down Cause power is power, my fire never goes outI rise from my scars, nothing hurts me now' Cause power is power Now watch me burn it down"

___________________

Sozin's Comet streaks over the ground, its red energy destroying the clouds in its path.

"Zuko, don't worry, we can take Azula." Katara says

"I'm not worried about her, I'm worried about Aang. What if he doesn't have the guts to take out my Father? What if he loses?" Zuko asks

"Aang won't lose. He's gonna come back. He has to." Katzumi frowns

The Fire Lord is coroneted, ducts of waters streaming on both sides of the area. Azula kneels at the top of the plaza steps, wearing the Fire Lord robes and with her armour underneath. Behind her are several fire sages. The leader of the sages holds the Fire Lord diadem above Azula's head.

"By decree of Phoenix King Ozai, I now crown you Fire Lord..."

The sage pauses as he looks up. Azula turns her head to him.

"What are you waiting for? Do it!" Azula yells

Appa is heard growling Azula turns her head back around. Appa lands in plaza's courtyard.

"Sorry, but you're not going to become Fire Lord today. I am." Zuko stands

"You're hilarious." Azula laughs

"And you're going down."

The fire sage motions to crown Azula, but she raises her hand,  signaling him to stop.

"Wait. You want to be Fire Lord Fine. Let's settle this. Just you and me, brother. The showdown that was always meant to be. Agni Kai!" Azula yells

"You're on." Zuko says

"What are you doing? She's playing you. She knows she can't take us both so she is trying to separate us." Katzumi frowns

"know. But I can take her this time." Zuko says

"But even you admitted to your Uncle that you would need help facing Azula." Katara says

"There's something off about her, I can't explain it but she's slipping. And this way, no one else has to get hurt."

"I'm sorry it has to end this way, brother."

"No, you're not."

Azula smiles and assumes a more awkward stance. She then spins and thrusts her palm out, shooting a blast of blue flame at Zuko. Zuko brings his hands up, jumps forward, and brings his arms down in front of him, bending two waves of flame in each hand that come together and shoot forward. The side as the blue and orange flames collide into a wall of fire. As the flames dissipate, Azula leaps forward on a jet of fire and kicks forward, shooting a blast of fire. She performs three spinning kicks, sending out a wave of fire.

Enormous blue and orange flames can be seen being flung on the right side of the city. All that can be heard is sombre music and the sound of blasts of fire. As a blue fire blast shoots, another catches on fire. Zuko punches forwards, releasing a powerful stream of fire. It collides with a stream of blue fire from Azula, and both attacks push against each other for a moment before slipping to one side. Zuko continues his blast of fire while keeping enormous blue flames on his other side at bay, slowly sliding backward.

Both Azula and Zuko stop their attacks. Azula looks back at the plaza behind her, which has caught on fire from Zuko's attack. She turns back to Zuko. Angry and scared, she charges forward and leaps upward on a blast of fire, which she swings down at Zuko. Just before the attack hits, Zuko spins his body in a circle and thrusts his palms out to the sides, creating a wall of flame that splits the blue fire in half.

The flames die down, and then cut to a panning left shot from behind Azula, crouching on the ground. Azula, scared and panting heavily. She grits her teeth and narrows her eyes in determination. Zuko punches forward with his other fist, and two immense fireballs are launched at Azula, spiralling and intertwining to create one massive fireball. Azula's eyes, wide with fear and tinted orange from the approaching blast. Azula dodges to the right on a jet of blue fire, just narrowly avoiding the fireball.

Azula thrusts herself forward while in the air, rocketing over the ground on jets of fire from her hands and feet. Cut to a shot of Azula from the side as she punches forward twice, launching two huge blue fire blasts. Zuko places his hands near the ground and shoots a blast of fire, thrusting himself into the air and avoiding one of Azula's attacks. Zuko spins around in mid air and swings his heel downward, which creates an arc of flame that blocks the second fire blast. As Zuko falls back down, he swings his arms down, creating a blast of fire that destroys a third blue blast of fire.

Zuko crouching, his arms extended forward and blue and orange flames surrounding him. Azula flies forward over the ground. She banks to the right, avoiding Zuko's last fire blast. Azula shoots a blast of fire at Zuko and begins to circle him, followed behind by an enormous trail of blue fire left from the streams of fire propelling her. Zuko defends himself by creating a large sphere of fire around him. He then tries to attack Azula with blasts of fire as she circles him, but she is too fast. Zuko stops shooting fire blasts at Azula, crouches on the ground, and performs several spinning sweep kicks, creating a powerful ring of fire that expands outward. Azula tries to stop herself and attempts to block Zuko's attack with a shield of blue fire, but she is too late and it connects.

Azula falls forward and rolls across the ground due to her own momentum, gasping in pain. Azula picks herself up, breathing heavily

"No lightning, today? What's the matter? Afraid I'll redirect it?" Zuko yells

Zuko enters a stance and thrusts his palm forward to emphasize his words.

"Oh, I'LL SHOW YOU LIGHTNING!"

Azula proceeds to wave her fingertips around in arcs to generate the lightning, but her motions are far more dramatic and irregular than usual The scenery flickers as Azula's lightning charges. Azula's eyes glances to her left. She smirks briefly and then extends her arm and finger tip to the left of Zuko, releasing the lighting at Katara.

An expression of shock spreads over Zuko face as he turns to his right. Zuko runs to the right, trying to get in between Katara and the lightning as it shoots from Azula in the background. Zuko leaps between her and the lightning.

"No!" Zuko yells

Zuko extends his finger out and absorbs the lightning mid leap. There is a blinding flash of light before cutting to a from behind Katara and Katzumi look in shock as Zuko is mid air, absorbing the lightning coming from Azula, electricity surrounding the area.

Zuko hits the ground, letting the lightning escape from his other arm. The enormous bolt of redirected lightning erupts into the sky above, lighting up the entire crater. Zuko lies on the ground, twitching as electricity surges through his body. He groans as he rolls onto his back, holding his chest.

"Zuko!" The two yell and run towards the fallen prince

The two run but is stopped by another lightning bolt that strikes the ground between them. Azula begins to laugh maniacally, and then she rushes at them

Ozai straightens the angle of his flight and rockets over the water below, leaving behind a wake. Aang turns away and begins swinging his arms in circles as he uses waterbending to propel himself over the water and towards the shore. Aang stumbls forward and falling, with Ozai closing in behind him. Just as Ozai reaches Aang, Aang swings his arms around and earthbends a small, thick sphere of rocks around himself. Ozai hovers just over Aang.

"You're weak! Just like the rest of your people. They did not deserve to exist in this world, in my world. Prepare to join them. Prepare to die!"