Mad genius

"Lines drawn in the sand
Keep the sun at your back
Keep your feet firmly planted in the sky
Just ride"

_________

"The Earth Kingdom city of Omashu!" Aang says as he points to a valley in front of us. A walled city rests atop a huge rock promontory and is accessible only by a narrow, switchback road. The city looks both impressive and impregnable.

"I used to always come here to visit my friend, Bumi." Aang tells us

"Wow. We don't have cities like this in the South Pole." Katara tells us

"They have buildings here that don't melt!" Sokka swoons as I laugh

"Well, let's go slow pokes! The real fun is inside the city!" Aang launches himself into the air and lands farther down the hill.

"Wait, Aang! It could be dangerous if people find out you're the Avatar."Katara says

"You need a disguise." Sokka adds

"So, what am I supposed to do? Grow a mustache?" He ask us

Aang grabs a bunch of appas fur and puts it on a huge fake head of hair and mustache made out of some of Appa's hair. He is scratching underneath the wig.

"Ohh, this is so itchy! How do you live in this stuff?" Aang says to Appa

"Great! Now you look just like my grandfather." Sokka tells him as I giggle

"Technically, Aang is 112 years old."I add in

"Now let's get to skippin', young whippersnappers! The big city awaits." Aang says is an old accent

Aang begins to walk hunched over, using his staff as a walking stick.

"You guys are gonna love Omashu. The people here are the friendliest in the world." Aang says

We stop right up at the city gate just up ahead. A merchant is trying to get into the city, but the three guards are giving him trouble.

"Rotten cabbages! What kind of slum do you think this is?"One of the guards say

The guard is holding one of the offending cabbages. He crushes the cabbage in his hand, knocks those in the merchant's arms over the side of the access road.

 The guard then earthbenders a lump of the ground, knocking the merchant's cabbage cart high into the air and over the side of the access road. The cart and all the merchant's cabbages plunge hundreds of feet to the valley floor below.

"Noo! My cabbages!" He screams out The merchant looks over the side of the road as he laments.

"Just keep smiling..."Aang says.He walks forward with a big smile. We follow. The guard who has just obliterated the cart walks forward to meet Aang. He earthbenders a huge boulder out of the ground and holds it over Aang's head.

"State your business!" The guard yells at us Aang rushes forward out from under the rock in a move much too sprightly for his supposed age. He points an accusing finger at the guard and using his old man voice begins to speak.

"My business is my business, young man, and none of yours! I've got half a mind to bend you over my knee and paddle your backside!"Aang yells out The guard drops the stone behind Aang in surprise.

"Settle down, old timer. Just tell me who you are." The guards ask him

"Name's Bonzu Pipinpadaloxicopolis, the Third, and these are my grandkids."Aang says as he points to us