Easter Holidays

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Oh my god," Scorpius said again. "That's amazing. Oh my god that's... that's... wow. That's so cool!"

"I know," I said happily. There were tears in my eyes. This felt like the best thing ever. It was the best thing ever.

"I don't know what to say," Scorpius whispered. "This is all too much."

I nodded in agreement. "It's a good too much though."

"C'mere Rose," he said, pulling me into a tight one-armed hug. "I'm so proud of you."

"What for?"

"For being amazing."

"Ok then..."

"You are though Rose."

"Um, thank you..."

He rolled his eyes. "You're so shit at accepting compliments."

"Yeah, I am."

The carriage pulled to a stop at the station, and we climbed on the train, not that much later than everyone else. Dom shouted at us from her compartment with the usual elder Weasleys and Emma, and we went to join them.

"How was it then?" she asked.

"What?"

"The scan... duh."

"Oh, it was alright."

"Rose you have no emotions about these things I swear. This is what most mums cry about."

"Most mums aren't seventeen Dom."

"Whatever."

"Exploding Snap anyone?" Fred asked brightly.

                We spent the next half an hour playing exploding snap, with the baby kicking at regular intervals. It was still the most amazing thing ever, but it was also quite painful.

Soon Emma fell asleep on Al's shoulder, and he endured almost an hour of teasing from James. Scorpius kept asking if I was alright, and then as soon as he was completely reassured, he began to gloat with Al about how they had won the Quidditch match against Ravenclaw. It was probably a good thing that Emma was asleep, because she'd have dumped him there and then if she heard some of the things he was saying.

Finally, we arrived at Kings Cross. Scorpius took my trunk for me because 'I'm not supposed to be lifting heavy things'. I hit him for that, then laughed as he staggered down the steps trying to balance two trunks.

Mum was waiting at the station. I felt like crying a bit, because last time it was Dad.

"Hello Rose darling, how are you?" she smiled happily, pulling me into a tight hug. "And hello Scorpius."

"Hello Mrs Weasley."

"Please, call me Hermione. Mrs Weasley is Molly, and she always will be."

"Um, ok," Scorpius said, looking at me worriedly. I laughed at his expression.

Hugo appeared behind us. "Hey Hugh," I said happily. Considering he's my brother, I haven't seen him much.

"Hi. Hello Mum," he said, looking bored.

"Come on then, let's go back to the house. I'll take your trunk Rose."

Effing hell, I am perfectly capable of taking my own trunk.

We clambered into the car, and Mum switched the muggle radio on.

"Mum?"

"Yes Rose?"