Easter Holidays

Chapter 14

Easter Holidays

I was right. Time did fly. Before I knew it, it was the end of March and I was sitting in the Hospital Wing on a bed, waiting for my next check up. Scorpius was with me again, and Madam Pomfrey was just getting something. It was five months now, and I had become extremely fat, but as Dom kept reassuring me, and I'm not quite sure why, because she hates being nice, it was the baby making me fat. I'd even stopped puking as much. Things were looking up.

I had written to my parents and it turns out Dad wasn't even staying at home at the moment, and mum was fine with Scorpius being there. My mission for this holiday was to get them back together, living in the same house and everything. I also intended to see Teddy, and tell Dom about Matt. So far, the only one that looked remotely possible, was seeing Teddy.

The one thing that I had succeeded on this term, was phase one of the Sophie plan. Dom had found something really embarrassing, for Sophie at least, and we were going to exploit it the minute we got back to school. I still wasn't sure how I felt about this, but Dom was valiantly persuading me that she did deserve it. And perhaps she did.

It was the last day of term, so the minute Madam Pomfrey was done, Scorp and I were going to catch the train home.

"Ready Rose?"

"Yep."

"And I would be correct in thinking that you are not finding out the sex of the child today?"

"Nope."

"Have I given you a due date yet Rose"?

"Um no."

"Whoops. Well your due date is the 31st July."

"That's uncle Harry's birthday," I commented in surprise. I hadn't realised the date it would be born.

"Anyway, shall we get this done?"

I nodded, as she repeated the routine that I was becoming familiar with. Another picture appeared, and Madam Pomfrey gave it to me.

"Everything is fine, and the child is well and healthy as far as I can tell. And these are for you Rose."

She handed me a stack of leaflets about babies and giving birth and other stuff that I didn't really want a leaflet for.

"Thank you. I'll be sure to read them very, um, thoroughly."

"You're welcome dear. And I just want to check, you've stopped playing quidditch now?"

I nodded. I had resigned from the team a couple of months ago, much to James' dismay.

"And you shouldn't be lifting heavy things."

"I won't."

"Good. Take care of her Malfoy. Have a lovely holiday, and don't hesitate to contact me if you're worried about anything."

I nodded gratefully.

"Thank you Madam Pomfrey."

We left the room and hurried down to the carriages. There was one left waiting for us. Scorpius helped me in, and we set off on the short journey to Hogsmeade Station. Suddenly, there was a really strange sensation in my stomach.

"Oh my god," I whispered.

"What? What is it Rose?" Scorpius asked anxiously.

"The baby. I think... I think the baby kicked."

"Oh my god," Scorpius echoed me.

"It's doing it again. Come here," I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach. The baby kicked right under his hand.