"It is a complete secret, so, naturally the whole school knows."

[Edited: 01/09/2016 - happy back to Hogwarts day!]

"It is a complete secret, so, naturally the whole school knows."

My mouth dropped open in shock. Dom came and stood beside me, and he mouth opened aswell, only hers disclosed a string of French profanities, too rude to repeat.

"Shit... who have you told?"

"You, James, Al and Fred – unintentionally, I might add, my parents - and look how well that went – Uncle Harry and Auntie Ginny, Malfoy and Hugh. Oh, and Teddy. I think that's everyone?" Replying to her took my mind off the fact that my life was now, irrevocably, absolutely, totally well and truly over.

"Well Teddy, your parents and Uncle Harry and Auntie Ginny can easily be ruled out, considering they're all in London right now. Personally, I think Hugo's a bit nice - "

I snorted, although I agreed that he wasn't the type to viciously backstab his own sister, especially since I hadn't done anything wrong in ages.

" - and Al wouldn't do anything like that. I can promise you it wasn't me which leaves..."

"James and Fred," I said grimly. "Speak of the devil."

Dom turned to see them standing a little way behind us, staring at the poster in shock. I knew they came in a pair, but I didn't realise that they were so joined at the hip. "I don't think it was them," she said, jerking her thumb at two of them. "They're good actors, but if it was their plan, they'd be behind the stall collecting money. They're very honest."

I hadn't even got that far down the poster. I scanned it quickly to discover that it also said it was one Knut per guess and guesses were unlimited. There were check sheets, on which you put your name and ticked off who you thought the father was. They were charmed in such a way that you could only tick one thing before paying more, to maximise income, obviously. It was ingenious, I couldn't lie, but it was also the bitchiest thing anyone had ever done to me, and I was disgusted.

Dom gritted her teeth on seeing these, although I was more interested in whom I'd supposedly slept with.

I picked up one of the sheets.

James Potter

Theodore Lupin

Frank Mclaggen

Angus Thomas

Scorpius Malfoy

Jack Finnigan

Albus Potter

Lorcan Scamander

Matthew Adams

Isaac Creevey

It was almost flattering that this anonymous bitch thought I had a chance with Jack Finnigan, aka the hottest boy in seventh year, and for that matter Teddy, who I'd probably always have a little crush on. I wasn't stupid though; they could only know the truth. Malfoy's name wasn't on there by accident.

Dom's eyes were practically slits when I looked back at her.

"Dom, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fantastic," she replied distractedly. I could almost hear her brain whirring. "I need to go and speak to someone."

"Er, alright. I mean, I'm going to have to break it to Malfoy at some point. I'm starving though - I want breakfast first."

"Yeah, fine, whatever."