I Made my Bed

edited: 23/05/2015

disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter... a girl can only dream

|| 14/07/2015 -if you've only just started reading: 

this story has been going for what seems like a million years, but I've just started editing (I am uncomfortably aware that I haven't even finished the story yet, don't worry), sort of in chronological order, so some (fairly vital) information has been taken out of certain chapters in order for me to include it a little later - except I haven't got to those chapters yet! therefore basically this story is like a building site where some things are completely finished and I'm proud of them, and some are in the process of being knocked down, so some of the ceilings don't have any support at the moment, you know? thank you for being patient with me, I hope you enjoy reading it anyway! 

and if you've already read it before, I would strongly advise rereading the edits because they don't make me want to throw myself off the astronomy tower with embarrassement

xox ||

Chapter 1

I Made my Bed                   

 It's always been nice to get off the train at the end of term to find all of my family waiting to see me. Except this time I'm technically in hiding, having accidentally slept with my parents' sworn enemy's son. I'm actually finding this whole, 'getting off the train' thing overrated, to be honest.  I mean, I don't know, I haven't tried it yet. I'm still sitting on the train behind the velvet, purple curtains (what a bad idea) with an 'I'm way to cool for school' expression – or at least, that was the plan. This actually seems a little controversial the more I think about it, because I'm refusing to leave the school train right now. Also, I'd never consider myself 'too cool' for Hogwarts. Hogwarts is way cooler than me.

I digress. I really need to get over myself at some point (ideally within the next two minutes), and go home. Well no, actually let's consider my options here. There are definitely worse trains to be stuck on. In fact, I seem to be fully equipped for a nice life on the Hogwarts Express. There's that lovely woman who comes round with the food trolley- maybe I'll even learn her name- so I wouldn't starve. I've got a trunk full of clothes so I wouldn't smell, and besides, when you live on your own do you really need to worry about that? There's a really great view of, uh, cows outside the window and if you're lucky you get to see Hogwarts if you look up at the right time. I've always been under the impression that the train makes the journey to and from Hogwarts every day, because Uncle Harry once told me that he'd been stuck on it as it started back for London at the beginning of term, and Teddy's mum made him jump off and then she fixed his nose (I don't know what he means by this, I think I must have missed some of the story), but the more I think about it, I think the train was probably coming back in order to be ready to collect students at the beginning of the next term. There is no feasible reason that the train would just zoom up and down the countryside all day, every day; that would be bizarre. It's not a bloody ghost train.

I pulled the curtain back a centimetre to check out the situation on the platform. Dad was still standing there impatiently, checking his watch, like he had been last time I looked. James was saying something to Al that I presumed was intended to wind him up. I sighed. It was probably my duty to go and prevent that. And besides, if the train was just going to sit at Kings Cross all day, I had a bit of time to decide whether permanently moving in was the best course of action. I stood up in resignation, hoping it wasn't too late to pretend I had been asleep (although I figured it probably was). I dragged my trunk off the rack, and accidentally dropped it on the floor, wincing at the loud 'smash' inside. I wheeled it out of the compartment and appeared in the doorway, beaming forcefully.