Well and Truly Fucked

[edited: 26/04/2016]

Chapter 6

Well and Truly Fucked

I wasn't laughing though.

"You're fucking what?!"

"Pregnant," I repeated tonelessly.

"You have to be joking," he said dismissively.

"Well I'm not," I retorted coldly.

"And she was meeting Scorpius –" Al said slowly, "because he's... I mean Rose and –"

"He's the – the father, yes," I said dejectedly.

"WHAT?" James roared suddenly. "YOU SLEPT WITH –"

"Shut up right now, Potter," I warned, before he told the whole of Diagon Alley, and what felt like the majority of the magical community on this particular day, that I'd had unprotected, drunk sex with Scorpius sodding Malfoy.

He shook his head silently, his face full of anger. "I am going to kill him," he snarled. "What a little git. If he thinks he can just swan in, fuck you over and then leave... that kid has another think coming, the tosser."

I glanced at Al almost curiously. The poor boy looked a little crushed. Understandably, he seemed to be finding it difficult to take sides.

"I mean – god, Rose..." James was saying softly. It seemed as if he needed to say everything that came into his brain in order to make sense of this bizarre situation.

"I know," I exclaimed. "That's all I can think... I've really, really, really, really screwed up."

Finally, I burst into tears.

Al pulled me into a tight hug immediately, and I buried my face into his shoulder. "No, you haven't, Rose. You're going to be ok." He seemed relieved to have something to distract him from his cousin having slept with his best friend.

"You don't believe that," I mumbled gloomily. Over Al's shoulder I noticed Fred arrive.

"Sorry, mate – I was talking to my dad, I – what on earth is going on here?"

I watched distractedly as James shared the information he'd just learnt furiously. "Malfoy and Rose slept with each other and the little dickhead got her pregnant." I was almost amused by the expression on Fred's face, until I remembered that it was my life. He turned to me.

"Rose, I'm gonna kill him, that son of a bitch."

"Really, as kind as it is of you both to offer, I think it would be better if I didn't go to Azkaban for assisted murder," I joked feebly, feeling a little hysterical.

Fred half grinned. "We'll keep your name out of it."

"So what did he say," Al asked finally, pulling away from me.

The anger that had just about melted rose up again and I felt like screaming. I shook my head furiously. "He said – fucking hell – he's going to stick around 'if he can', but 'he doesn't want to make promises he can't keep'."

"WHAT?" James yelled. "IF HE CAN? I SWEAR TO GOD –"

At the same time Fred was beginning to curse Scorpius in some of the most colourful language I'd ever heard. "That fucking little snake wanker, he'll be fucking shitting the bed before we've finished with him."

"That'd make the dorm smell," Al said tonelessly, but he'd set his jaw angrily, and I reckoned Scorpius really was in for it. I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't told James and Fred earlier; somehow everything seemed better with their promise to look out for me. James wand was actually drawn unnecessarily.