If You Believe In Us

Lauren's POV
My steps are quick as I make my way downstairs. I see Shay speaking to Normani who looks like she's about to leave. I'm quick to react.

"Mani? Are you leaving?" I ask approaching her.

She nods. "I'll let you and Shay take it from here. Y/n has enough people looking out for her,"

"Where are you going then?"

Normani studies me closely, wanting to ask why I was asking so many questions. I just didn't want her to leave me here with Shay. I know she secretly hates me.

"Back to the apartment," Normani replies and then gives Shay a quick nod. "Shay's just called off her trip. She wants to drive to Toronto and take Y/n to her mom's so she can fully recover,"

"Fuck that, she can stay in here with me and the girls," I say confidently, ignoring Shay's twitching.

"She's going to Toronto with her family," Shay chuckled awkwardly "to see her family, and be, with her family,"

"I'm her fucking family," I hiss unexpectedly. I didn't know I could be so aggressive, especially towards my girlfriends sister.

I've definitely offended her. I can tell as she leans on the kitchen counter, smiles her way through the situation and sighs deeply. "I think you should leave. I know you won't go up there and bother her so, you're better off coming back later when Y/n can decide what she wants," I hate that she is right. "for now, get the fuck out of my apartment. Your negative vibes are upsetting my dog,"

I didn't hear the barking till now. Fuck, I really want to punch her in the face. At this very moment, she was Emily Fields, not Shay Mitchell. I have to tell myself this so I don't feel so bad about wanting to attack her.

I don't want to leave, but I know there's a solution to knowing she'd be okay without me there. I had to see Camila and tell her to stay with Y/n and Shay until I cooled off. I need a little time to myself, and knowing Camila would be there to watch Y/n put my mind at ease.

I leave without another word, too overwhelmed to put up a fight, which was stupid because Y/n has my phone. It's better off with her anyway. I'd probably be tempted to text her if not. I may not like Camila very much anymore but I still trust her. Even with Y/n.

I take an Uber to mine and the girls apartment downtown. I have plenty of time to think of what I want to say to the girls, if I end up saying anything at all. I should be there with her the whole road to recovery, but why is she asking for Camila? It's like I can never escape her. What's so special about Camila anyway? Why does the universe adore her so much? What does she have the I don't?

Before I know it, I'm in front of my room door, staring at the number 8. I don't bother knocking, but instead, turn the knob and walk in freely. The first one I spot is Ally. She's sitting on the couch, talking to Mani and Dinah. I don't see Camila anywhere. Janelle and a few others are here too. More than I had expected.

Looking at how full the room is, I smile at how many people care for Y/n. They all gather here in the same state of panic and worry. Ally rushes to the over emotional ones, reassuring them that Y/n would be fine.

I catch Camila's figure in the corner of my eye and see Shawn following her. I've gotten used to their figures together. They make an incredible duo. I follow them to the balcony where they lean against the railing. They're silent as I approach them from behind.

"Hey," I husk, unsure of how to greet them collectively.

They turn around to face me like they had been caught red handed. I can only wonder why and refuse to give the thought any more attention. I notice Camila first, her eyes are bloodshot, nose red and hair askew. Shawn is a different story. His locks curl into perfect shapes, his cheeks flood with colour against his pale skin, but it was his eyes that told the story. He didn't want to be here, but Camila did and that was enough to stay.

"Why are you not with, Y/n?" Camila says quickly and I don't expect it from her.

"Shay told me to leave," I reply honestly. "You won't believe this but," I sigh deeply. "Y/n wants you to go and see her ... now,"

I knew those were the words she wanted to hear. I could see it in her eyes. It was like the angle she had moved her head when I told her, made the light hit her them perfectly.

Camila is quick to react. "Are you okay with that?" She says in the same tone Y/n had used when she asked to see her.

No. But I lie, for Y/n.

"Why wouldn't I be if I told you she wanted to see you?" I ask, trying to hide the fact that I didn't want her to go near Y/n.

I didn't want anyone near Y/n. That's why this was so conflicting for me. I know Camila will take care of Y/n, but, will use that as an excuse to be as close to her as possible. I should just suck it up and go back, but I need to start respecting Y/n's family. Including Camila.

I glance to Shawn. He looks disappointed, jealous even. I want to laugh, to tell him he never had a chance with a girl like Camila anyway. Camila only fell for the dreamers, the ones who saw the world as their oyster. Shawn wasn't a dreamer, he was a lover and somehow that wasn't enough. I wish I could tell him that. Maybe because I wish the same thing for me. For someone to tell me what I couldn't see as its right in front of me.

"I should go there now right? I should get an Uber?" Camila asks eagerly, pulling out her phone and bringing up the Uber app.

"Yes. While you do that, I'm going to get her bed ready," I say as an idea formulates in my head.

"I thought Shay was taking her to Italy?"

I shake my head and laugh bitterly. "Y/n is coming home where she needs to be and you are gonna convince her it's what she needs,"

Camila isn't too quick to reply this time as she watches me move toward the sliding doors.

"Is it what she needs?" Camila mumbles and I only just catch what she said.

I turn to her firmly, nod and open the door. "She needs us, Camila. Me and you. No one else. We're all she has at this moment in time, bring her home,"

I don't need to say anything more as she books her Uber and follows me into the apartment. I just hope she has it in her to bring my girl back to me.