Thirty three

Scarlett

I clean myself up as I wait for the guest to arrive, why after like one and a half years of our parents not being friends they decide to become friends? Probably Daniel's idea.

I sigh jumping off the bathroom counter and going in my room. I have 30 minutes of free time, though my heart pounds in my chest and he is not here yet. Fuck you anxiety.

I hear the doorbell ring causing me to jump out of bed and panic a little more. Maybe i should not be a bitch to him, let's be nice that could help the situation.

I shut off the show Shadow Hunters and head downstairs. To where everyone was greeting each other like it's been 10 years.

"There you are." My parents smile at me as I join the group of people and it wasn't just Daniel's family surprisingly.

"What did you do?" I ask whispering to Daniel.

"What are you talking about?" He questions back with a smirk and messing with his curly hair.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about." I reply folding my arms across my chest and making a mad face.

"Oh yes it was my idea but trust me I just wanted to say sorry. Can we talk in private?" Daniel asks seeming generally nicer than normal.

"Uh sure." I shrug walking into one of the unoccupied rooms in this house. Why is my dumbass trusting him he could do anything to me in a room alone.

"So I know the past week or two I've been rude, I don't know what got into me. But like I said I'm sorry. I don't want you back I was just set on revenge for some reason but something the last few nights changed me." Daniel explains sounding like he meant it.

"Oh, I don't know what to say." I chuckle lightly sitting down in my dads spinny office chair.

"I don't expect you to forgive me because I've done a lot of things to you, but I just wanted to tell you that. I've realized acting like this won't make me happy and won't help the situation." Daniel continues his 'speech'.

"Thanks, we should get back to the dinner though." I suggest a little uncomfortably before walking out of my dads office.

I socialize with a girl that is about 15 who was forced to this thing as much as I was but I live here so I guess it is different.

"So what do you like doing in your free time?" I ask the girl who had yet to tell me her name though we've been talking a good 15 minutes.

Daniel hasn't bothered us which was nice but it could be an act. An act where I can't stop thinking about him. I shake my head snapping out of my thoughts.

"Well I'm on a soccer team so I really don't get that much free time but I usually hangout with my friends or watch Friends." The girl answers with a chuckle.

"Sis you need to tell me your name before it bothers me that I don't know it." I laugh.

"Fallon." She smiles as she answers my question.

"Dinner is ready, go wash up you two." My mom says as she walks past us as she sets food on the table. She made quiet a lot of food, I didn't realize this was thanksgiving.