Twenty

Scarlett

    It is the night of homecoming, I'm so nervous I mean it's not like I won homecoming princess, Yvette did that.

   Ethan is supposed to be here in 15 minutes and I feel like I might have a panic attack.

    "Drink some water." My Mom says as she watches me carefully.

    I walk into the kitchen and get a glass of water and drink it all.

     Finally Ethan arrives and my mom is eager for pictures. The moment he comes inside she bombards him with the camera.

    We escape my mom and we get inside Ethan's kind of nice car.

   "You okay?" Ethan asks looking at me.

    "Yeah." I shrug.

    "You look sad or something." Ethan states.

    "I'm just nervous." I say looking down at my feet.

     "Nervous for what?" Ethan asks.

     "You know I don't like crowds." I frown.

    "Nothing is going to happen, you'll be fine." Ethan smiles as he starts the car.

"You know Yvette will end up doing something." I chuckle.

"I won't let her." Ethan says keeping his eyes on the road.

We pull up to the crowded school parking lot. You can see who's freshmen and who's not. Freshmen are more lost and come in herds. Most juniors and up go with dates, no one really pays attention to the sophomores to be honest.

We hate freshmen don't care about sophomores and I'm not a senior yet so I don't know how to feel about juniors.

We head into the gymnasium and it's beautifully decorated, I would compare it to the last homecomings but I didn't go.

I get an overwhelming feeling the moment we walk in but it's no big deal, I'm going to have fun with Ethan and my friends.

"Hey." Yvette says flirtatiously to Ethan.

I near choke on the water I'm holding because of how cringy that was.

"I kind of have a date." Ethan states looking at me.

"Why do guys always assume girls want to get with them?" Yvette asks annoyed.

"Yvette, Ethan isn't dumb he knows when someone is being flirty, and he's mine we've been over this." I roll my eyes.

    Ethan smirks at me.

    "You guys aren't boyfriend girlfriend." She says.

    "That's very untrue." Ethan chuckles, "I mean only if Scarlett wants to be my girlfriend."

     "Why do you like her over me? I mean y'all hated each other." Yvette complains.

    "We all know why I like her over you I mean look at you over here acting like this." Ethan states.

    "You are an ass." Yvette rolls her eyes.

     "And you are annoying." I smile fakely.

    Yvette stomps away, I never noticed how much of a brat she was.

    "Don't let Yvette ruin your night okay?" Ethan says.

    "I'll try but she's always riding my ass, like Bitch this ain't the highway." I chuckle.