Nine

Scarlett

I forgot that I had to work on Saturday so that party was a stupid idea.

Good thing is I still kinda got to sleep in, I took an extra shift for work today since my weekends are usually me sitting in my room alone.

I actually liked my work it doesn't pay much but I'm only 16 almost 17 this November. I loved talking to customers, getting tips and I've made friends here so working isn't hard.

Hayden one of my friends at work got his hours switched a little to fit better with his school. So he works Thursday to Monday since he has football practice on Tuesdays and Wednesday's. I work normally Sunday to Thursday I wanted Friday's off because parties I knew I'd get dragged to.

Plus Friday's And Saturday's are busy so I thought why not get an extra shift on Saturday to see Hayden and make some extra money.

I changed into my appropriate dress code for work and pull my hair into a tight high ponytail. Didn't bother with makeup as I'm not trying to impress anyone. I wouldn't want to be the one girl jumping into another relationship right after a breakup.

I grab my car keys off my dresser shove them in my purse and walk downstairs. You could hear my brothers video games coming from the game room. He just had to have it loud enough to burst eardrums.

Kailey came to pickup her car earlier at like 2 pm and you could tell she was having a bad hangover.

My extra shift starts in about thirty minutes and it takes about ten to fifteen to get there. I picked an earlier shift then my normal since i rather come home around 9:30 then 10:30.

I eat a granola bar as I walk around the kitchen island.

My phone starts to buzz in my back pocket.

I pull out my iPhone 8 and see a text from Ethan, I don't remember adding him to my contacts but it probably happened last night when I was half asleep.

Ethan: Wanna hangout today?

Me: sorry can't I have work

Ethan: damn you work?

Me: lmao yes just because my parents are kinda rich doesn't mean I am.

I walk past the refrigerator as I walk out of the kitchen and walk back when I see a note on it.

Scarlett, we know you were out last night but please tell us where you are going next time, your father wanted to ground you but you're lucky I convinced him not to. - love Mom

I thought they were coming back from Tallahassee today not yesterday. Well whatever I'm not in trouble so no big deal.

-

I arrived at work and parked in the first spot I saw. I raced a person for it, well not really but I got to the spot first and I just knew the person wasn't happy.

Hopefully I'm not their waitress.

   "Hey!" I wave to Hayden as I walk into the kitchen area.

    "I didn't think you were serious when you said you were taking another shift." He chuckles.

    "Don't underestimate me Hayden and I don't lie." I say.

    "You just damn lied." He says folding his arms.

    "Yeah." I frown jokingly.

    "Scarlett you are table 8's waitress I recommend you go over there soon." The shift manager tells me.