Sober

The shot glass felt cold around her fingertips, and within seconds, it's content slid down the woman's throat, eliciting a low growl from her.

The taste of alcohol, how warm and inviting. She hummed as she drunkenly tapped her fingers on the wooden table.

"Come on babe, please. The girls are looking for us." The shorter of them pleaded the other girl, on a brink of crying, wetness already stinging her eyes.

"Can," Yerin started, "can you just go away?" she managed to say, with a few hiccups. Her tone laced with anger and other emotions Eunha can't properly describe in her current state.

She sighed desperately, her small frame already quivering, either from the coldness from the room, or the coldness of Yerin's voice. She reached towards the table and tried to grab the bottle of alcohol. But instead a strong push forced her away.

Yerin didn't seem to care whatever happened to the girl she just unconsciously pushed away as she continued to drink away, not caring how much her vision started to blur.

After several attempts and a teary cheek, Eunha tiredly sighed, her hands on her hair. She seemed out of it, her eyes dull and lifeless. She decided to call their oldest friend, seeing that she can't deal with her girlfriend alone.

As Sowon settled the drunken Yerin on the couple's bed, Eunha thanked the oldest with a genuine smile, her throat too dry to get a word out. Sowon understood, this has always happened, so she understood, she just patted Eunha's shoulder.

Eunha looked at the sprawled out Yerin on their bed, not realizing her tears breaking free. She wiped them quickly, desperate to get over tonight. She sighed for the nth time that evening.

Worn out, she laid beside the girl, carefully, as to not wake the other girl up. Even with the circumstances, she can't help but think that the girl's scent was still addictive, just like the first time they met. She traced the girl's features with her finger ever so lightly, her touch like a feather, then she smiled, a smile she rarely puts on.

It's a smile of realization.

She hugged the figure and inhaled her scent, not wanting to forget about it. Eunha fluttered her eyes open, the clamor from the kitchen waking her up. She tried to sit up but an arm draped on her waist prevented her from doing so. She looked at the girl beside her, a smile forming on her lips as she observed her serene expression.

Feeling eyes on her, Yerin groggily opened her eyes, groaning as the unpleasant rays of sun shined through the window sill. But a smile quickly replaced the frown on her lips as she was met with beautiful smile and two mesmerizing brown orbs looking at her.

"Hi beautiful," the older girl greeted the angel on top of her. Eunha on the other hand showed her another smile, memories of yesterday night thrown at the back of her mind. She tucked fallen strands of hair on Yerin's ears, her smile so wide.

Yerin observed her brown orbs in awe, her thoughts fuzzy and blurred. She winced as she moved her head, Eunha noticed the reaction and frowned.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concern overflowing in her words, Yerin just smiled, not wanting to worry the girl anymore, instead she closed the little distance that they had and engaged in a heated kiss.

Sinb rolled her eyes as she caught a glance of the couple coming out from their bedroom. "Fucking finally," she muttered under her breath as the couple descended the stairs, hand in hand, silly faces on their faces. The other girls gagged and rolled their eyes. They've always took sympathy towards Eunha, but as soon as they were ready to talk her out of their relationship, they always come up to them looking like a happy and content couple.

Don't get any of them wrong, they loved the girls together, but as soon as alcohol hit Yerin's nerves, it almost looks like they never knew each other, or rather, Yerin not giving a fuck who Eunha is. It was so unfair to the girl, but all they can do was just look them from a far, as Eunha is totally, completely in love with the fool.

Screams continued to roar from the girls' living room, a gory movie causing all of it. The girls hid their faces, under a pillow, under a magazine, even under the remote, all of them seemed scared.

"Who even picked this?" Yuju asked, her eyes sewn shut, her hand covering it just for extra protection, her question was accompanied with a shriek as they hear a scream. 

The only one peacefully watching the movie was Eunha, which was surprising, for all of them especially for Yerin, she was just munching on her popcorn, closely watching the movie, totally immersed in it despite the genre.

Yerin, instead of hiding her face just like the other girls, she chose to watch her girlfriend lovingly, observing and engraving every detail of her lover's face on her mind. Without much thought, she held her hand out and caressed Eunha's face.

Startled, Eunha looked at her, her eyes wide with surprise, her cheeks puffed out, just like a chipmunk. 

"Cute," was the first thought that crossed the girl's mind. Yerin smiled.

Eunha, confused, just stared at her. "Is there something on my face?" insecurity on her voice as she scampered to look on her face with her phone. Yerin held her hand, soothing and calming her instantly. "Beauty."

With her cheesy as fuck response, the other members gagged with full force, rolling their eyes and throwing pillows at the couple who were still looking at each other, despite the mess around them.

"I love you, only you," with finality in her voice, Yerin kissed her, earning more gagging noises from their members.

These words lingered in her mind as she walked solemnly inside the bar. Probing lights met her vision, instantly making her dizzy, her stomach tightening. She slowly walked towards the familiar counter, and facing a familiar face with someone she was not familiar with it.

Seeing the way the two acted in front of her, she held back. She observed the two with longing in her eyes. She hesitantly approached the two and politely asked the stranger to leave the both of them earning a groan and a roll of her eyes. Eunha just closed her eyes as she saw the stranger walk away. 

She was used to it, she was used to this, but no matter how many times she went through this same scenario, she can't help but think.

"Why does it always hurt Yerin-ah?" She asked the drunken girl on the counter, her face on her hands, her eyes closed. Eunha just sighed and placed an arm around her shoulder.

"Come on, we're coming home," Eunha's voice trembled as she carried Yerin out of the hellhole they were in. Yerin mumbled something in return, but the girl was too drunk to form any coherent sentences, and Eunha was too pained and hurt to understand anything her lover was saying. 

"If I'm still her lover," Eunha whispered in the cold air, waiting for one of her band members.

"Thank you again, Eunbi." Her voice void of any emotion, worrying the younger member. Eunbi just nodded, knowing that the two needed their space.

Eunha sighed, her chest heaved. Her emotions overflowing, she broke down. She sat carefully on the bed, admiring Yerin's sleeping figure. Even in her hazy mind she smiled, adoring every feature and details of Yerin.

She chuckled, the somber noise resonating the empty and cold room, hurting Eunha more than she thought it would. It should be a fun sound, not like this. She sighed and caressed Yerin's face 

"How pathetic, here I am loving you, knowing full well you only love me when you're sober." 

A/N: Follow me @kimchikimchi__ on twitter, double underscore yan ha, tenkyu