The Subway

Her back was slouched as she entered the subway. Sowon plopped down the cushioned seats. Her body is tired and sore from all the training she did earlier in the camp. Being in the military is hard. But at the same time, having all these fun memories and saving other people make up with the hardships she goes through every single day.

Eunha adjusted the glasses on her nose and ran to the entrance of the subway. Just in time. Tiredness seeped into her bones and made her weak on her knees. Becoming a doctor is the best thing she could ask for, but this tiredness she always experience is intense. Before she collapses, she sat beside a woman, wearing a soldier's outfit. Being curious, she decided to ask, but hesitation and exhaustion held her back and instead, she closed her eyes.

Sowon looked at a woman beside her wearing a long white coat. 'Maybe a doctor.' She thought, eyeing the drowsy girl. She noticed how the glasses on her nose tilted a bit. 'Cute.' She thought once again. She smiled and adjusted it, making sure not to make the girl notice.

The subway was surrounded in silence except for the sound of typing in phones. Sowon stared at the window as trees and tall buildings pass by them, the sunset in the horizon as background, made it look picturesque and aesthetic. Wanting to capture the moment, she brought her phone out, but a head on her shoulder stopped her.

Sowon looked at the girl beside her. The doctor's head is resting on her shoulder. She smiled. Instead of the view outside, she took a picture of the masterpiece sitting beside her. The thought of the girl's face engraved in her mind, lulled her to sleep, her head resting on top of Eunha's head.

The people around them watched as the two slept side by side. Some speculating that the two are a couple. Nonetheless, everyone cooed at how cute the two are, some even taking a picture of the cute scene

The sudden tap on her shoulder made her wake up. Sowon blinked her eyes open and observed her surrounding. Seeing as she's still on the train, she bolted right up, waking and startling Eunha. Sowon looked at the groggy girl beside her, their faces an inch apart. Eunha's face flushed red as she restrained herself to yawn. Sowon smiled at how cute the girl's red cheeks are, smitten. Eunha backed her head away.

Sowon looked at the one that tapped her. "What is it, ma'am?" She asked, not knowing what's the reason for the disruption. The woman scratched the back of her neck. "I'm sorry for disturbing your sleep, but this is already the last stop." She informed. Sowon coughed out. Eunha's eyes widened at the news. She panicked. "H-how would I get home now?" She said, her voice shaky. Sowon looked at her anxious state and took action. She faced the doctor and smiled awkwardly. "Uhm, do you want me to....maybe take you home? I mean we've just met and all, but I really find you cute and I'm soldier anyway, there's no way I'll harm you, I promise. But if ever I'll give you my email, my-"

Before Sowon could ramble more, Eunha cut her off with a cute giggle. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and shyly smiled. "S-sure." Eunha stuttered, her cheeks once again red, either from embarrassment or just because it's hot, but it's most probably the former. Sowon gave her a smile and  stood up. She handed the old woman standing a card. "Ma'am, here's my information if ever she won't be seen again." Sowon said, looking at Eunha. The old woman smiled fondly at the two of them. "Enjoy your date, the two of you." She said, her wrinkly smile giving a sense of comfort to both of the girls.

Sowon finally faced Eunha. She took her hand out and offers it to Eunha to take. The latter stood face to face with Sowon. "I'm Sowon by the way." The taller girl introduced herself. The shorter girl smiled at the name. "I'm Eunha." She said. They shook each other's hands as they stared at each other, standing inside of an empty subway.