Almost

whoever said it's impossible to miss what you never had

The warmth of fingers were wrapped around her own, her smile brightening, projecting the happiness she's feeling at the moment. Her eyes fluttered shut, and Yuna just enjoyed the younger girl's head on her lap.

"Unnie..." the younger girl whispered, her voice soft and mellow. Yuna looked at her curiously, slightly brushing a few strands of stray hair away from her face. "What is it?" She asked. Noticing the furrow of her eyebrows deepening, she caressed it until her face softens again. She might have leaned forward, closer to Yewon's serene face, as she found herself captivated by the girl's feature.

Yewon's eyes opened. Brown meets brown, and then there was the two of them, only them. 

Then it was gone, like a bubble.

Yuna blinked. She blinked and blinked, until her eyes hurt, until her head was in pain. Her lap was numb, and she doesn't even know if it was because of the previous girl's presence, or it rather was her absence.

Almost.

Hand in hand, the two walked with a bounce with each of their step. Happiness was once again radiating between the two of them, not seeming to care about the world around them.

They stopped at their beloved place, the park. It was afternoon, right after their classes, and this place was always their favorite spot. It's their sanctuary, their escape, even though the noise of the children running around sounds annoying. Though, what they favored the most was the presence of each other.

"Unnie..." Yewon's voice resonated in her ear, opposite of it, her heartbeat thumped loudly against her chest. "Hmm?" Was what she replied, not even trusting her own voice to make noise at the moment. 

Yewon looked at her with her doe eyes, her brown eyes giving off a feeling of security and it was the safest Yuna has ever felt. They were just smiling at each other, looking at each other's eyes, their mutual love wasn't spoken through the air, but they can feel it, definitely.

Then it was gone in a flash.

Yuna clenched her fists. Until it went white, until her palms hurt. She felt unstable, unsure, naked, her security gone in a mere second.

Almost.

Her palms was sweaty and clammy, she looked at it glimmer under the light and immediately wiped it on her skirt. She blew on it, hoping to lessen the clamminess. She breathed out air she didn't she was holding. Her legs felt weak, it shook with every step she took. So as soon their eyes met, Yewon flew right into her arms. 

"Unnie..." her voice was laced with concern and it was a beautiful melody that made Yuna's heart shake. She put on a brave smile, but it was rather sloppy and it made the other girl more nervous and worried. "I'm okay," her lips trembled as each letter passed through her lips. Yewon placed one arm around her and held her up, their wasn't any distance apparent. 

They went to the bleachers, as they know it was empty at the moment. Yewon sat her on one of the farthest bench. Her eyes was painted with distress as she saw Yuna's discomfort.

 "I like..." the pained girl started, but it hang in the air, her voice insecure and weak. Yewon looked at her expectantly, her brows was furrowed but a hint of happiness was seen in her brown orbs. Yewon entwined both of their hands, and a smile graced her lips as she noticed how perfect it felt.

Then it was gone instantly, like wildfire.

Yuna bit her lip, until it hurt, until it was released crimson. She sat their, with trembling fingers and bloodied lips, her heart continuously breaking at the sound of the door being slammed shut.

Almost.

Melody resonated around the room, creating a beautiful serene atmosphere. It was sweet, Yuna thought. It sounded wonderful, her fingers correctly playing the notes. But then she progresses, the tune gradually increasing speed and volume. Her body stiffened, her fingers rigid, her face stoic. She passionately played each note, her body beginning to ache. It was almost impossible to play at how painful it felt. 

Almost.

She kept going, her fingers hastily playing each note, each chord on the piano. Despite the rage, her music was still effortlessly graceful. The last note was played, and it prolonged, her finger just steadily holding the key. She closed her eyes and breathed out. She opened them and that was when she allowed herself to let go. Every memory, moments passed by her mind, her sight becoming glossy at how much she was letting her tears flow. She wracked her brain for answers, answers as to why her questions are always left with almosts. Why it was always, almost there. Why their love was just almost there.

hellu, another angst cuz why not. this was inspired by my queen Jessica Jung harhar, it was a cover of her, "Almost" it's good, she's good sooo if u wanna check her out do it rn :P (ignore mistakes and i hope u enjoy, thank u)