Twenty-five

I stand in the doorway for a few minutes. My eyes stay closed as I lean against the doorframe with my arms and legs crossed over each other, listening to the piano. I stay completely silent and let my body relax. As I do my mind wanders back to this morning. Everyone was acting weird. I almost never see Jin get mad and I don't think I've ever seen Yoongi that angry. Then I think back to what Jin said to me.

"What's going on with you and Yoongi? I thought you didn't like each other but ever since he brought you to the hospital he's been acting different. He seems really protective and gets angry when anyone else touches you even though we're all in relationships and have our mates."

Now that I think about it, Yoongi had been acting differently. He has seemed overly protective especially since the incident with the men from China and the...kiss. He has been really touchy and kinda pervy too. I could feel him staring at me a lot during the day. He had even glared and growled at Jin and Jimin. I open my eyes and slowly make my way over to where he was sitting. I'm careful not to make any noise so I don't disturb him. I don't sit down beside him and I don't say a word, hanging my head so I'm looking at the ground. I was sure that he didn't know I was there until he stops playing.

He lets out a deep sigh and scoots over. He doesn't say anything but I know what he wants. I sit beside him, leaving as much space between us as possible, but I leave my head down. I stare at my hands and play with my fingers like they're the most interesting thing in the world as I bite my bottom lip. It was way too quiet but I didn't dare open my mouth. I was afraid that he might lash out and get angry like he did earlier.

"I know that you have something to say so just get it over with."

I flinch slightly when I hear him talk. He didn't sound angry, annoying, or irritating. He sounded emotionless. I could hear a hint of sadness in his voice but not much. I didn't expect him to say anything so when he did it startled me. I slowly lift my head and look at him. He wasn't looking at me though. He was staring down at the keys on the piano, glaring at them. I stare at him for a few seconds before looking back down and letting out a soft sigh.

"I have so many questions. Like what happened today? Why have you been so touchy lately? Why did you get so mad when the others touched me?"

He didn't answer me. He didn't even bother to look up. I let out a frustrated sigh and get up. I look at him one more time before I turn around.

"I knew you hated me. I guess you can't get over the fact that I'm a wolf. But everything that you've been doing is confusing me. If you hate me that much then you shouldn't be doing those things and you should just leave me alone. For both of our sakes."

I start to walk away but then I hear the piano lid close along with the bench screeching against the floor as a hand tightly grabs my wrist. I stop and he still doesn't say anything so I try to get my arm out of his grasp. He didn't seem to like that very much because his grip tightened to where it was almost painful. I wince slightly as he pulls me backwards until I collide with his hard chest.

"Let go."

My voice is soft and hushed like a whisper as I try to pull my arm away again.

"No."

"Yoongi, let go."

He doesn't say anything this time and I close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Let go of me!"

"I. Said. No!!"

I flinch again when he raises his voice, pausing slightly between each word. He roughly turns me around so I'm facing him and lifts me up by my waist. My eyes widen when my feet are no longer on the floor. I grip his shoulders and he places me on the cold surface of the piano. His hands never leave my waist and his grip only tightens, most likely leaving bruises. My eyes widen even more when I look at his face. He was no longer emotionless. He seemed angry and sad at the same time. He was glaring at me but there were tears in his eyes.

"You think I hate you?! Would I have kissed you and acted the way I did if I hated you?!? I've never hated you!"

I stay silent but my eyes never leave his as they search my face. I can feel my own tears welling up in my eyes.

"I'll answer your questions since you're so curious. What happened today was that I got pissed off because they kept touching you. I don't want anyone else to touch you and I can't stop myself from hating anyone who does. I've been so touchy because I want you to myself. I want you by my side at all times. I want to protect you and keep you safe and happy. I want to keep you close because you keep getting hurt. I lost her but I can't lose you. When I first saw you all I could see was her. You have the same eyes even though they're different colors. You have the same smile. I still love her but all I can see is you now."

I tense slightly when he lowers his head and rests it in the crook of my neck,letting out a harsh breath against my skin. He wraps his arms around my waist and let's out a shuddering sigh. I knew that he was talking about his wife and I didn't want to press further. He seemed sad about remembering her.

I could feel his nose gently brush up against my neck followed by his lips, trailing soft kisses along the way. I didn't know what to think. What did all of this mean? A shiver went up my spine and I tensed when he pressed a kiss against the spot on my neck where a mate mark would go. Whenever anyone gets close to that part of my neck I tense because I knew that I would never have a mate. No one would ever chose me. I wanted him to stop. The moon goddess took my mate and I would never get another. He needed to stop. He hadn't found his mate yet and I didn't want him to have made a mistake with me. His future mate didn't deserve that.

"S-stop. W-what are you doing?"

He takes a deep breath through his nose, taking in my scent. He firmly kisses my neck one more time before he leans back and looks into my eyes. My breath catches in my throat and my eyes widen when his lips attach to mine. The kiss was soft but it was also firm, like he felt conflicted. It took me a few seconds but I pushed him away and he lets out a small sigh. He grabs my face and leans his forehead against mine. I instantly go to remove his hands and push him away. Stopping right before my hands reach his, I take in a sharp breath through my nose and my eyes widen. It was barely above a whisper but it felt like the world stopped spinning when the next few words rolled off his tongue.

"Will you be my mate?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello beautiful people!

I know it's been a long time but I think this might have been worth the wait.

I wanted to take some time off of this book in order to let A Littles World have some time in the spotlight. I think it's time to get Blood Wars rolling again but both of my books are going to have slow updates.

I hope you're all enjoying reading these as much as I enjoy writing them.

Thank you for all the love and support!

Until next time my lovely little nightmares.

~Ruby