Chapter 28

The Clan is now healthy. The Clan considers the journey cats heroes, especially Fawnbriar since she was the one who found it. Every cat who was sick is now healed, which makes Fawnbriar very happy and grateful. She is happy that the Clan still considers her a hero despite her unlikeable personality.

Nettlebreeze had her kits, who are all healthy. They are a gray tom named Fogkit and a dark gray she-cat named Plumkit. The Clan was very excited that new life has been brought into ShadowClan.

Fawnbriar sits alone as the sun sets over camp. She had just finished sharing a mouse with Owlheart. Owlheart was very happy that his "other" littermates had returned healthy. Fawnbriar turns her head to notice that Sagepool is approaching her. She locks eyes with her mother, wondering what she has to say.

"I was once told that I was special, but not in the way I thought I was. I never thought I was special ever since I heard that, but now I know why I'm special. Thank you, Fawnbriar. I'm so proud of you," Sagepool meows to her daughter. However, Fawnbriar is quite confused on what she means.

What do I have to do with her being special? Being her kit? Fawnbriar thinks.

"I have absolutely no idea what you mean but you're welcome," Fawnbriar responds. Sagepool lets out a purr of amusement.

"I'm special because I gave birth to you, silly," Sagepool quietly meows so no other cat can hear. "Thank you for being my daughter, Fawnbriar. You saved the Clan. I couldn't be more proud of you," she meows, giving her a quick forhead lick. Fawnbriar can't help but purr.

"No, thank you," Fawnbriar meows.

***

(Fast forward a few moons, sequel teaser)

***

Fawnbriar exits ShadowClan's camp, deciding to walk alone, enjoy the warm weather, and get her thoughts straight. The sun shines highs from above, adding a bit of a glow to Fawnbriar's dark brown tabby pelt.

A lot has changed these past moons. Fogkit and Plumkit have become apprentices, their mentors being Sagepool and Frostpath. Also, Lilypaw and Batpaw have become warriors, their names being Lilydawn and Batwing. On top of that, Lilydawn and Frostpath have been seeming oddly close to one another to Fawnbriar. She wonders if Frostpath has finally found a she-cat he loves in the former kittypet.

Fawnbriar heads towards and edge of ShadowClan's territory where there is no other Clan bordering it, hoping she won't have to encounter any foes. She can spot a small mountain-like structure in the distance, which has significantly changed since she last saw it on the journey. Then, Fawnbriar turns her head to spot an unfamiliar figure in the distance, a handsome cream-and-white tom.

"Who are you?!" Fawnbriar hisses, her back arching and fur sticking on end. "Get away from ShadowClan territory!" Fawnbriar notices herself soften as the tom comes closer to her. Her heart begins beating fast.

"I mean no harm. My name is Venom," he meows.

THE END