Chapter 1

Fawnkit plays around with her littermates and Mistystorm's kits. However, she really isn't doing much playing around. She's just watching the others play.

"Fawnkit, why don't you play with your littermates and Bournkit, Dustkit, and Wrenkit?" Her mother, Ivyleaf, asks her, showing some concern for the kit.

"I'd rather not play with a bunch of mousebrains. I want an actual challenge, not some useless moss ball." Fawnkit replies, pouting.

"Whatever you say then, but it might be a good idea to help Wrenkit out. She might need some help playing." Ivyleaf meows.

"No, she sucks." Fawnkit replies.

"That's why it would be a good idea to help her out." Ivyleaf replies.

"I'd rather not." Fawnkit meows. "I'm fine just like this." She says.

"Okay then. But, you need to be nicer to the other kits. They don't want to play with you anymore either because of your attitude." Ivyleaf meows.

"Good. I don't need them." Fawnkit replies. Then, after sitting for a while, when not cat is watching, the tiny dark brown tabby sneaks right out of ShadowClan's camp. The she-kit walks around the forest.

"Woah, everything is so big! This is so much better than playing with those seven mousebrains!" Fawnkit meows happily, beginning to run through the forest. She climbs up onto a large rock she finds, standing on top of it proudly.

"I am Fawnstar, leader of ShadowClan!" Fawnkit cheers happily. Then, that cheerfulness quickly changes to fear once she looks over and spots a badger. Fawnkit lets out a squeal and begins to run off. The badger begins to chase after her, which sends Fawnkit into a panic.

I'm going to die! I'm too young to die! I'm only five moons old! Fawnkit thinks. Suddenly, she hears the hissing and growling of another cat. She turns her head and spots a silver tabby, who is attacking the badger. After an injury, the badger lets out a whimper noise and runs off in the other direction.

"Sagepool! You're a medicine cat! I didn't know you could fight like that!" Fawnkit meows, her eyes wide in both awe and fear.

"Every medicine cat requires a bit of fighting and hunting knowledge. On top of that, I was a warrior apprentice before I was a medicine cat apprentice. I wasn't that good though." Sagepool replies to the kit. "On another note, why in StarClan are you outside of camp?!" She meows.

"I wanted to see what was out there.." Fawnkit admits.

"You know you shouldn't do that. You will see what is out there once you're an apprentice." Sagepool meows. "You could've died." She adds.

"I'm sorry Sagepool.. but please don't tell Ivyleaf." Fawnkit meows.

"I'm going to have to tell her. I bet she's worried sick right now." Sagepool replies. Fawnkit lets out a sigh. "Now, let's head back to where you belong." Sagepool meows, picking up the kit by the scruff. She carries her back to camp. Soon, they got back.

"Fawnkit!" Ivyleaf meows, dashing over to Sagepool and Fawnkit. "Where was she? I was so worried! I turned my head the other direction, looked back, and she was gone!" She
meows.

"She said she went out of camp to see what was out there. Then, I had to save her from a badger. She could've died." Sagepool meows.

"Oh no..." Ivyleaf meows. "Fawnkit, you're staying in the nursery all day tomorrow." She meows.

"But..." Fawnkit replies as Sagepool puts her down.

"No. You need to learn your lesson, Fawnkit." Ivyleaf meows.

"Yes Ivyleaf.." Fawnkit replies.

"Good." Ivyleaf meows. She then looks back up at Sagepool. "Thank you." She meows.

"You're welcome." Sagepool replies with a purr. Then, Sagepool pads off.

"Come on, Fawnkit, it's almost time to sleep." Ivyleaf meows, picking Fawnkit up by the scruff and heading towards the nursery.