Chapter 5

A/N: The chapter is short but here it is!

Fawnpaw pads back into ShadowClan's camp with the other cats after taking part in the training tradition for the first time. The young she-cat is exhausted, so after dropping her lizard into the fresh-kill pile, she begins to head over to the apprentices' den to nap. Then, a familiar voice stops her.

"Hey, Fawnpaw! Want to share your lizard?" Owlpaw meows to his littermate, hoping to have some friendly time with her.

"No. If you learn how to hunt, then maybe I'll share the lizard. I plan on eating it myself after a nap if no other cat has when I wake up. Eat something else." Fawnpaw replies.

"But... any clan cat is completely allowed to eat your lizard. Especially since Mistystorm, the kits, and the elders have already been fed." Owlpaw responds. "You really scare me, Fawnpaw. I'm afraid you're going to turn out like Blacktail from the Mistystorm and Bearclaw story!" Owlpaw meows, beginning to get a bit angry at his sister. "And what about our three other littermates? Are they allowed to eat your lizard?" He asks.

"No. Since the kits and elders are fed, the only cat than can eat my lizard is me." Fawnpaw replies, her tail twitching from annoyance.

"Maybe you should be a better fighter to eat your lizard." Owlpaw responds. "If you keep on talking like this, I'm going to tell Thornpelt and he can tear you to shreds!" He meows angrily. "I've had enough!"

"Too bad, you're just going to have to deal with me. I was born like this, Owlpaw. You and the others just have to accept that. This is how I am. I'm not like the other cats in ShadowClan." Fawnpaw replies. "You're soft. Grow up and become a tom. Unless you want to become a medicine cat. I bet Cloudheart and Sagepool would be glad to have you." Fawnpaw meows coldly.

"I'm not soft, you're just fox-hearted!" Owlpaw replies. "I am your littermate, you should love me." He meows.

"Who made a rule that says I have to love you? Go back and whine to Ivyleaf like you always did when we were kits. I'm tired and deserve some rest." Fawnpaw meows.

"Cut it out, you two!" Fawnpaw hears a familiar but irritated voice meow, spotting a silver figure.

"What, Sagepool?!" Fawnpaw meows. "You shouldn't jump in like that." She meows.

"You don't have any say in what I can or cannot do. However, I do over you two as an older cat and your medicine cat." Sagepool meows. "So, cut it out and walk away from each other. Chill out a little." She meows to the two apprentices. Fawnpaw lets out a huff.

"Whatever, I'm tired anyways. I'm glad the argument Owlpaw started is finally over." Fawnpaw meows, beginning to pad off. Sagepool and Owlpaw just watch as the dark brown tabby pads off into the apprentices' den. The medicine cat comforts the young apprentice once Fawnpaw walks inside. Fawnpaw pads over to her nest and lays down in it. She lets out a sigh and closes her eyes, letting sleep take over.