Chapter 13

Fawnpaw exits the apprentices' den very excitedly. Due to the now lack of healthy warriors, Daisystar has decided to make the five littermates warriors early. Fawnpaw beat Thornpelt in battle the day before, so Thornpelt would've told Daisystar that she's ready to become a warrior today anyways. She watches as Daisystar leaps onto the high branch.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the high branch for a meeting!" Daisystar calls out. The clan then gathers beneath the high branch.

It's time! Fawnpaw thinks excitedly.

"Due to the lack of healthy warriors, the mentors of these five apprentices and I have concluded that Owlpaw, Fawnpaw, Cinderpaw, Amberpaw, and Ravenpaw are now ready to become warriors of ShadowClan." Daisystar announces.

"Owlpaw, please come forward." Daisystar says. Then, Owlpaw does what he is told.

"I, Daisystar, leader of ShadowClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn." Daisystar meows. She then looks down at Owlpaw. He looks back up at her proudly.

"Owlpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" She meows.

"I do." Owlpaw then responds.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Owlpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Owlheart. StarClan honors your perseverance and strength, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan." Daisystar meows.

I'm so proud of him. Fawnpaw thinks.

The clan begins to cheer his new warrior name. "Owlheart! Owlheart!" They cheer.

"Thank you, Daisystar." Owlheart meows happily and steps back to where he was.

"Now, Fawnpaw, please come forward." Daisystar meows. Fawnpaw does what she is told.

I can't believe this is happening! Fawnpaw thinks.

"I, Daisystar, leader of ShadowClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Daisystar meows. She looks down at Fawnpaw.

"Fawnpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" She asks the apprentice.

"I do." Fawnpaw responds.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Fawnpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Fawnbriar. StarClan honors your strength and skill and we welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan." Daisystar meows.

The clan then cheers Fawnpaw's new warrior name. "Fawnbriar! Fawnbriar!" They cheer.

"Now, Cinderpaw, please come forward." Daisystar meows. Cinderpaw does what she is told.

"I, Daisystar, leader of ShadowClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Daisystar meows. She looks down at Cinderpaw.

"Cinderpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" She asks the apprentice.

"I do!" Cinderpaw responds.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Cinderpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Cinderlight. StarClan honors your friendliness and loyalty and we welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan." Daisystar meows.

The clan then cheers Cinderpaw's new warrior name. "Cinderlight! Cinderlight!" They cheer.

"Now, Amberpaw, please come forward." Daisystar meows. Amberpaw does what she is told.

"I, Daisystar, leader of ShadowClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Daisystar meows. She looks down at Amberpaw.

"Amberpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" She asks the apprentice.

"I do." Amberpaw responds.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Amberpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Amberflower. StarClan honors your kindness and loyalty and we welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan." Daisystar meows.

The clan then cheers Amberpaw's new warrior name. "Amberflower! Amberflower!" They cheer.

"Thank you, Daisystar." Amberflower meows.

"Finally, Ravenpaw, please come forward." Daisystar meows. Ravenpaw does what she is told.

"I, Daisystar, leader of ShadowClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Daisystar meows. She looks down at Ravenpaw.

"Ravenpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" She asks the apprentice.

"I do." Ravenpaw responds.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Ravenpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Ravenfeather. StarClan honors your skill and hunting abilities and we welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan." Daisystar meows.

The clan then cheers Ravenpaw's new warrior name. "Ravenfeather! Ravenfeather!" They cheer.

Daisystar leaps off of the high branch and rests her muzzle on the heads of all five newly appointed warriors and the warriors each lick their leader's shoulder.

"The clan meeting is now dismissed." Daisystar announces and then walks off.

Fawnbriar, Owlheart, Cinderlight, Amberflower, and Ravenfeather all gather up together.

"I can't believe we're finally warriors!" Owlheart meows happily.

"We should believe it." Cinderlight meows. "We all worked very hard, especially you Owlheart!" She meows.

"I think Daisystar gave you the perfect warrior name, Cinderlight. It matches your personality so well. You've always been one to light us up when we're down." Amberflower meows.

"Thank you, Amberflower! I think Daisystar did very good with all of our names, especially Fawnbriar's." Cinderlight comments.

"Why me?" Fawnbriar replies grumpily.

"Your personality. It's sharp like a briar and it can hurt sometimes." Cinderlight meows.

"Come on, I'm not that mean." Fawnbriar meows.

"Raise your tail if you've every felt emotionally attacked by Fawnbriar." Owlheart then meows. At that moment, all four cats raised their tail high up in the air, except Fawnbriar herself.

"Oh StarClan. All four of you are weak." Fawnbriar meows. "How about the four of you join RiverClan. It's all filled with fish-eating softies. ShadowClan isn't for the weak." She meows.

"Hey, that wouldn't be a bad idea, actually." Cinderlight responds.

"Cinderlight, Daisystar literally just honored you for your loyalty, don't make her change her mind!" Fawnbriar tells her littermate.

"Should we all go out of camp together to celebrate?" Ravenfeather suggests.

"Good idea, Ravenfeather, let's go!" Cinderlight meows. Then, all four cats quickly dash off, leaving Fawnbriar behind.

"Whatever." Fawnbriar meows, walking behind her littermates.