Chapter 7

Flashback 4 Years Ago

2 December 2015-Wednesday,
5:56 p.m.

(Y/N)'s POV

I went to watch SuperGT here in Suzuka with my friend and his dad. I was walking around the festival until I saw a go-kart race for participants under 15. The winner will get a chance to join a racing team. I signed up for the race just in time for it to start. I got in a kart and went to the starting line.

The final lap, I'm in first place. Going through the corners with a contender behind is not easy. Final corner. I tried to brake but nothing was happening. I tried to go around the corner without braking which ended up badly. I spun out and hit the wall causing neck pain.

A guy helped me up out of the badly damaged cart. He told me that his name is Ji-Yong and he will help me get into the racing career. He was really impressed with the way I drove. Apparently he was a crew manager for a racing team there. My friend and his dad came to check on me. I told them that I am fine. The guy had a conversation with my friend's dad about me. Luckily, his dad agreed to the deal and I was accepted into the racing team.

Present

3 August 2019-Saturday,
1:50 a.m.

Me and Ji-Yong were getting ready at the starting line. Then, I heard Youngjae calling my name. "Hey,
(Y/N). You better win because Tzuyu is here with your sister." He told me. "What? Do they know that I'm racing?" "No, I haven't told them." I let out a sigh of relief. "Don't tell them anyth-" I got cut off by a loud speaker. "Tonight. We have a pink slips race between Kwon Ji-Yong and Song (Y/N)." I'm doomed.

Sana's POV

"Tonight. We have a pink slips race between Kwon Ji-Yong and Song
(Y/N)." The loud speaker announced. "What!? (Y/N)'s racing?" I asked Mark. "Uhm, you were not supposed to know about this Noona." He told me. "How dare that you didn't tell me about this!" I said after smacking his head. "Unnie, don't release your anger on somebody else. Calm down. We'll have a talk with him after the race." Tzuyu said. "The race will start in a few seconds. Everybody please make way for the cars to start." The loud speaker sounded again. Me and Tzuyu are making our way to the starting line to take a look at (Y/N).

Tzuyu's POV

I was trailing Sana from behind to the starting line. We were pushing through the people there which resulted in us getting cussed at. "Unnie, slow down. The race is not starting yet." I told her but she didn't even bother to hear me. As we got near the starting line, we saw (Y/N) and a girl getting into the car. Sana tried to shout for (Y/N) but he didn't hear her. He started the car and a guy got in between those two cars. He waved them down to start the race.

They launched off the line like a jet taking off. (Y/N)'s car spat flames out the back. I was scared that the car might catch on fire during the race. "Aish, this kid." Sana mumbled just enough for me to hear.

Yuna's POV

I got my tablet downloading the route for the race before it started because I'm the Co-Driver. The route was 43 kilometers long. After the download was done, I got in the car along with (Y/N). "You ready for this Hussey?"
(Y/N) asked me. "I'm born ready. And please stop calling me Hussey." He replied with a chuckle. He started the car up and a guy went in between our cars. He flagged us down instantly.
(Y/N) got on the gas with a lot of wheelspin and pops. Ji-Yong or whatever his name was, launched off the line with his launch control creating a 2 car gap between us .

Sana's POV

The race started a while ago and we were watching the whole thing from Mark's tablet. We were able to do so because there was a drone streaming it.

Drone's POV

Both of them went into the first exit on the right of the expressway entering a small village. They swerved left and right on the small road to avoid the cars on the road.
(Y/N) and Yuna were right on Ji-Yong's rear. A sharp left hand corner was coming up quick. Ji-Yong tried to mess up (Y/N) by braking hard and early. Luckily, (Y/N) was prepared and he took the chance to overtake him. Now, (Y/N) is in first place.

After that corner was done, came the mountain roads. They were uneven and slippery roads which could cause an accident. With the uncountable amount of blind corners, both of them drove cautiously but still fast enough to compete. Ji-Yong tried to overtake (Y/N) from the outside and almost crashed doing that.The mountain roads were left behind and they were greeted with the night lights from the city.

As they were speeding through the roads of the city with light traffic, police sirens were heard from afar. They raced the night streets of the city with the cops on their tale. They managed to fool the cops by making them crash into each other at an intersection. Just a left turn onto the expressway and the straight is all that they need to complete the race. But there's a railroad before all of that. A bullet train was approaching fast towards the crossing. The barriers had already gone down signalling people to stop.

(Y/N) activated his nitrous system along Ji-Yong. They were side by side when they crossed the train tracks. The cops had to stop at the barrier to avoid getting hit by the train. As (Y/N) was on the inside line, he had the advantage on Ji-Yong. Ji-Yong tried to brake late to get a lead on (Y/N) but failed as he understeered and missed the turn. (Y/N) and Yuna crossed the finish line without Ji-Yong in sight.

(Y/N)'s POV

"Yuna. Did we really just win?" I asked Yuna. "Yes pabo! Now let's celebrate it!" What was unbelievable is the fact that I won against a guy that has more money invested in his car. I got out of the car along with Yuna. Ji-Yong arrived with his Porsche at the finish line. "Look. I'm sorry that I kicked you out of the team. Here are the keys to my car. You deserve it." He said while handing me the keys. "No. I won't take your car. All I want is your respect. You can keep it." As soon I finished the sentence, a police chopper hovered above us highlighting us with the spotlight. We all ran to our cars and got out of there.

Sana's POV

I was about to call (Y/N)'s name but I was cut off by the sound of a helicopter. It was the police. Me and Tzuyu ran to my car. As soon as we got in, I tried to start the car up. The car for some reason, didn't want to start. "This stubborn car!" I punched the steering wheel until Youngjae stopped his car beside ours. "Quick! Get in!" He yelled at us. We quickly got in his car and he drove us out of there.

Whoowee. That was a long one. 1277 words. By far the longest chapter. Hope that this chapter was good enough for a few days because I have to go back to my hometown for a few days. Gotta Go. Bye!