Chapter 21 - Barbeque

Start from the beginning

She remembered it, the song when they danced together for the first time during high school. The first time she looked at him differently. It was not merely as a friend but it was more than that. Her heartbeats grew steadily as the dance became more intimate. Both of them seemed to be lost in their own world, spinning and laughing in the midst of the rain until Taehyung pulled her closer by the waist. Chaeyoung locked her eyes into his own, finding only sincerity being portrayed by both of his beautiful pairs of iris.

"Chaeng, you know you're an important person in my life, right?" He said with a soft tune, making her heart thumped faster.

She replied with a nod, "I know."

"What if I say I want to be more than just a friend to you," he stared into her eyes and those eyes spoke nothing unless the truth.

"Tae, it's not the time to joke around," she said in rather an anxious tone.

"I'm being serious here," he spoke in lower voice sending shivers down her spine.

"Tae, I-I don't know what to say," before she could ever finish her words, he cut her down, putting his forefinger on her plump lips.

"Shhh...you don't have to answer now. I'll wait for you, I'll always do," he answered with a small smile but that smile never reached his eyes. He was disappointed, she knew. But she was too confused by her own heart. What was her true feeling towards Taehyung? She looked into his eyes, trying to discover what she felt towards the man in front of her. He undeniably was an important person in her life and she never denied the attraction she felt towards him.

Seeing her looking at him with those mesmerizing brown orbs made Taehyung's heart raced harder than it was. As if the weather understood him well, the rain poured harder clouding his own vision of her beautiful face. He swept her hair to one side, cupping her face with his hands and caressed her cheekbones. He lowered his face to leveled her and stared intently into her eyes. Chaeyoung hearts fluttered as she saw him getting closer and his hot breath fanned her face making her whole fibres tingled in perturbation. She shut her eyes as he got closer, thinking he would kiss her but he did none. In spite, he warmed her with a forehead kiss and she swore she felt his smile against her skin.

"Come let's go, it's raining harder and I don't want you to get sick," he pulled her hand towards the car and the ride was silence leaving Chaeyoung overwhelmed with mixed feelings.

At one side, Jungkook was waiting inside the tent with Joon Hyung as he was already sleeping due to tiredness. The students were given a rest before their next activity which was the barbeque at night. He caressed his child's hair and tuck him with a blanket as it was getting colder due to the rain. Thankfully, the rain had gradually stopped leaving only tiny bits of droplets and he was worried because both Chaeyoung and Taehyung were nowhere to be found.

"Where are they?" He muttered, feeling sudden tight knots in his stomach.

As the rain stopped, he went out of the tent and there he noticed they came back with bags of ingredients for tonight event. Something seemed off between the two of them because Chaeyoung seemed to avoid eye contact with Taehyung. Both of them were caught in the rain, seeing how their clothes drenched.

Did something happen?

He went there to give a hand and Chaeyoung instantly smiled with his presence, "Thank God you're here. Can you help Tae to carry these things? I want to change my clothes."

"No problem. Leave it to me and clean yourself, I don't want you get sick," he sincerely offered.

"Thank you," she quickly went to the campsite, leaving both of the men to manage the task. Jungkook furrowed his brows, perceiving Taehyung's eyes were following her with a glint of worriness and was it love that he saw? He wanted to ask why they were so awkward with each other but he kept it to himself, realizing it was not his right to know what had happened between them.