"Why not?" He asked.

"Because nobody really plays it anymore." I said.

I was sort of glad he didn't push further into letting me tell him more about her. I wanted us to grow closer before I could start telling him more personal and sensitive things.

He just stared at the dusty, old, wooden piano like it would give him answers.

If that was true, I would've searched through that piano until I practically memorized it inside-out.

"So," He said suddenly, clasping his hands together, "how about that summary?" He nodded towards the book in my hands.

-

"Wow." Was all that came out of Luke's mouth when I finished telling him about the story I read for the week.

We were slowly entering winter season, so Luke thought it would be appropriate for me to read a Christmas story. And I must agree with him, Let It Snow was really something you don't know what to say about.

"Its a bit cheesy, don't you think?" He scrunched his nose up, and I laughed at his reaction.

"Yeah," I giggled, "I guess so."

We were sitting on the living room couch because apparently Luke didn't really want to stay in my mom's library any longer.

The side of Luke's face was pressed against the couch to face me. And I did them same, with my feet tucked under me.

Luke brushed some strands of my hair out of my face. I guess it bothered him.

"I should get going." He whispered, already standing up but I pulled him back down on the couch.

"No," I whined, "stay."

"I have no reason to." He stated.

"But you don't have a reason to leave yet either." I whinged.

"Actually, I do." He pulled his phone out of his back pocket, checking the time, "its almost one o'clock, I should be at work by one-thirty."

"Take a day off." I suggested.

"I already took one yesterday." He sighed deeply, "And if I stay home today, I could get a lot of shit for it."

He left the couch and walked over to the front door, with me following close behind.

He opened the door and stepped outside.

"What? You're just gonna leave like that? No bye?" I folded my arms over my chest.

He turned around, a grin grazing his lips. He startled me when he pulled me into a hug, but I eased into the hug.

I don't know what it was, but Luke's hugs were nice. His body was warm, and since he towered over me, he hugged me with his whole body. Engulfing me into his long arms.

"Bye, Maia." He whispered in my ear, his breath tickling my earlobe.

He stepped back, out of the embrace and made his way to his car.

Before he climbed into it, he yelled, "Maia! Come by tomorrow, I have a great book for you to read!" I nodded and with that he climbed in and drove off.

-

"We need to talk." Connie appeared by the side of my locker.

It was Tuesday, and the lunch break just started.

"Sure, what do you wanna talk about?" I asked, slamming my locker shut and slinging my backpack over my shoulders.

"I don't think you should get into this." She said quickly.