T H R E E

Destinee:

I sat down on my bed, scrolling through my phone looking for a new job. So far Publix, McDonald's, Chick-fil-a and Subway was hiring.

Publix pay was looking good so I just filled out an application for them. I filled out for stocker position.

Then I remembered how long publix takes to call back, so I also did one for Subway.

Once I was finished, I closed out of the website and went downstairs to bother my mother, I haven't talked to her all morning.

"Hey ma." I said with a smile.

"If it involves money, I don't wanna hear it."

I laughed. "It doesn't. I just haven't talked to you all day."

"Girl we talked not to long ago."

"I can't just miss you for once?"

"Depending on the reason why."

"There isn't a reason." I replied back. "I just finished filling out two different application."

"Oh yeah? For what ?"

"One for subway and one for Publix"

She looked at me and took a sip of her water. "Publix takes years to call back"

"I knoww. That's why I did one for subway too, they're hiring badly."

She nodded. "I don't want you back at rue 21."

I quickly shook my head. "No. I don't want to go back, she disrespected me. For something I didn't start at that, she wouldn't even listen to what I had to say."

"Don't worry about it. She got something coming."

"Ma please don't do anything stupid, I need you."

"I'm not baby. A lil ass whooping wouldn't hurt anybody. I got one for Amaya fast ass too."

I wonder why I don't have energy like my mother. She isn't scared to argue or fight anyone, me on the opposite hand, I don't do any of that.

"You can't fight Amaya, she's a child to you."

"And you're my child that she decided to put her hands on." She replied back. "She's getting her ass whooped regardless."

"Don't even bother. I'm not worried anymore."

"You need to be more like me. You let these fast ass girls boss you around and you don't say shit to them."

"Because it's not worth it ma, I can't fight them based off words."

"Amaya touched you. Did you fight back? No! You have nothing to be scared of, as long as you got me here with you, we'll beat they ass together. You hear me?"

I sighed and nodded my head. "I hear you Ma."

She dropped the conversation and went back to whatever she was doing on her phone. I looked down at my ringing phone and saw Kierra flashing across the screen.

"Hello?" I answered putting the phone to my ears.

"It's a party tonight, you should come. Just to loosen up a bit."

"No. That's not my type of scene."

"Just come on. I'm tryna have fun with my best friend."

"Kierra I don't have anything good to wear to even be in that type of scene, look at how I look.."

"Bitch we're best friends for a reason. I'll get you together."

I sighed. "I'll ask my mother then I'll call you back..."