F O R T Y- N I N E

Destinee laid back holding up her shirt as the doctor wiped the cold gel off of her stomach. She had finally managed to make a doctors appointment to check up on her baby and make sure that everything was fine.

So far, everything was going great.

Once the gel was off of Destinee's stomach she was able to down her shirt and sit up. She met eyes with Taevis, she smiled revealing her pearly whites. He smirked and couldn't help but to shake his head.

They still thought about the fact that they were about to be parents. Hearing the baby's heartbeat confirmed it all. Hearing the heartbeat brought tears to Destinee's eyes, she couldn't believe that she didn't agree with having a baby in the beginning.

"As I said previously, everything's fine." Dr.Meyers told her with a smile, "Looks like you're going to have a pretty healthy baby."

"That's amazing."

"I brought this for you." Dr.Meyers handed Destinee a booklet with information pertaining to pregnancy, "If you need any help or information feel free to call or read this booklet throughout your pregnancy."

"Thank you." Destinee nodded accepting the booklet.

"Cut out any smoking or drinking habits while pregnant, which you don't look like a smoker or drinker.. start a healthy diet, you may see some changes in your diet overtime. Your baby will eventually begin rejecting foods you loved previously."

Destinee simply nodded as she listened to Dr.Meyers closely. TJ made sure to pay close attention as well, he knew how hard headed Destinee could be at times. Plus, he wanted to hear the information since it was important for the sake of their baby.

"The booklet gives you some healthy food choice options in case you need a few examples. Also, make sure you take prenatal vitamins. You can find them at any pharmacy based place—Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, you name it."

"Okay, will do. Thank you."

"If you have any questions please please please contact me. You can request to talk to me at any time and whenever you schedule a follow up appointment you can request me as your doctor."

"Do you mind writing down your email on a sheet of paper in case I do have any questions or concerns?"

"Of course. As I lead the two of you out I'll grab an index card from the front to write my information down on."

"Thank you so much."

The couple followed Dr.Meyers back out to the front. She wrote down her information on an index card as promised and said her final goodbyes to the couple.

TJ placed Destinee's hand in his as they made their way out. He was at ease after the appointment. He hasn't heard any complaints from Destinee so he knew that things were going fine when it came down to her pregnancy but hearing the doctor confirm it put him at ease.

"We heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time, how do you feel?" Destinee questioned.

"I'm happy that our baby is doing fine. Hearing the heartbeat helped reality kick in for me."

"Yeah, it did." Destinee nodded in agreement, "What are you hoping we have?"

The two got settled in TJ's car. He looked over at Destinee admiring her for a few seconds before answering her question, "A girl. It doesn't matter to me, as long as everything continues to go good."