T H I R T Y- E I G H T

The time had just hit five thirty a.m, two hours had passed from when the boys decided to make their move. The whole plan went left after Rico announced Destinee being missing, and then his men made an unannounced visit.

Rico's men being present led to a big brawl between the two sides of men. Guns were drawn quicker than they imagine and gunshots followed.

Once the lights flickered back on, they seen how much of a bloody mess the room was. Rico's men laid there lifeless as blood rushed from their bodies.

Their main man's body dropped right next to TJ's foot. Rico tried making a slick attempt to sneak up on TJ which ended poorly. Luckily, TJ had good reflexes.

They could all be alive and breathing right now, if it wasn't for them messing with the wrong person—Destinee.

TJ paced around the room, he said as allowing different scenarios to play in his head which was fucking with him mentally. All he wanted was Destinee. He needed her more than anything right now.

"There's no way in hell Destinee went missing." Cam spoke up shaking his head, "her location isn't available, Rico had to do some sneaky shit."

"I lost the other fucking half of me, I can't sit here and not do shit. I have to find her, I need her."

Cam paused for a minute. He looked down at the laptop screen with his face scrunched up. The screen read Destinee's location. This time it was an updated location, "this shit is telling me her last location, she moved from their warehouse right before we got there.. it says phone out of battery meaning her shit died."

"What?"

"Keep up, bitch. I think she ran away or some shit when Rico wasn't watching her, maybe when his men was leaving. That would've been the smartest time to escape."

TJ looked at Cam for a second thinking. From the updated location to what Cam was saying, it all connected and made sense. He couldn't believe it, if Destinee could pull of something like this there was no telling what else the girl was capable of. He could only hope that what Cam put together was true.

"Then I'm going to look."

"Right behind you, nigga."

TJ snatched his keys up instantly. They had a two hour drive ahead of them. A two hour drive they had already previously taken but ended up receiving bad news. This time, they had to hope for the best. They didn't need any more bad news.

The day had hardly came in and it was already stressful.

Destinee sighed deeply as she continued on with her journey. It was a little over five thirty and she's been walking since around three when she went with her escape plan. Two hours and she felt as if she got nowhere.

She still had no phone to contact anyone, it made two hours since her phone died on her. No cash, card, anything. She felt just as hopeless and she did when she was in the hands of Rico.

She was no longer running, her body had grown too tired for that. She walked, at the most reasonable speed there was. At this point she felt like giving up, nothing was working in her favor. Even though her escape worked, she was still struggling.

She walked the streets with no clue where she was going. The only thing that somewhat helped her out was the destination signs. She still had no clue where she was or how far away she was from home.