Finale: Return

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

Fun fact, this is being released one day before half a month since this story was last updated. Sorry.

Also, this story is not over. The squeal is coming out extremely soon. Like, within a week or so.

See ya in another life Brotha!

*Third Person POV*

The shadows walked along the path through the woods, leading the two peerages behind them. They were completely silent, cold to the complaints and questions of their followers.

"Hey, where are we going?"

"Who are you two?"

"What do you know about Y/n?"

"Do we have to walk much farther?"

The two mysterious murderers were silent to the protests behind them, continuing their walk through the forest. The male stopped and ran his hand upon the bark of a nearby tree, tracing it with his finger. He turned to his partner and nodded, as a glyph appeared in front of her.

Rias looked on with curiosity in her eyes. She began to speak, "What are you go-"

She was cut off, as the sound of glass shattering spread through the air. Glass shards, formerly invisible to the devils, shot through the air, freezing in their floating positions. The sharp parts of the shards pointed outwards, as the shadows began to walk through a clear section in the center, walking past where the glass had exploded from.

"Come, now."

The devils responded immediately, going through the clearing of glass. As they did, the glass shards returned to their positions, making up the invisible wall of glass that hid whatever was here.

As they turned around, they noticed that they were now standing at the bottom of a massive cliff, a few hundred feet tall. The wall was completely impaled with weapons, everything from spears, swords, katanas, knifes, bows, and shields, all sticking out from the rocky cliff side.

"The wall of masters gone," The female shadow explained, "All the fallen wielders of Funus' power have their weapons on this wall."

"The former wielders of Funus'?" Ophis asked, "Y/n isn't up there... is he?"

"The master is waiting," The male shadow said to his partner, "Let's go."

Another glyph appeared, this time against the cliff. The male shadow put his hand against the glyph, and the cliff began to shake, clearing a path through the ground in front of them.

The shadows walked through quickly, the devils quickly following behind. As they did, the hall closed behind them, cutting them off from the light of outside. The light instead came from ahead, a different exit to the hallway.

As they came out into the light, they saw a massive fortress grow to the sky in front of them. It was old, it's stone walls covered in moss and plants. There were wooden door and windows everywhere, rotted and clinging to their hinges. There was an old drawbridge across a massive moat, leading to the interior of the castle.

They continued to follow the shadows, towards the front doors of the fortress. As if responding to their presence, the massive drawbridge dropped quickly, crashing down in front of them. They all quickly crossed the bridge, and when they got to the other side, the bridge raised back into place, all on it's own.

They walked into a massive plaza, where trees and plants were beginning to bloom in the mid-spring weather.

They followed the shadows into a large room deeper in the fortress, where chairs and couches surrounded the group.

"The master has asked that only Ophis and Rias be allowed to see him currently," The male shadow explained, "The rest of you shall be allowed to see him afterwards."

"What?!" Yang yelled out in anger, "What makes you think we're gonna-"

She was cut off by the female shadow, bringing her hand down on her neck, chopping firmly. Yang fell to the ground, immediately being thrown into a chair as the others looked on.

"Those who were not called by the master shall stay here. Understood?"

Everyone nodded and agreed among themselves, as Rias and Ophis stepped forward. They followed behind the shadows, as they walked through the halls of the old fortress. They walked through halls and up stairs, until they came upon a door that looked relatively new.

The shadows stood on either side of the door, facing towards the two devils.

"The master is waiting inside his study. Please go in."

Rias reached out and felt the wood of the door o her hand. She pushed the door open, and they walked into the Master's Study.

There was an old brown cloak hanging on the wall, with gave Ophis a feeling of deja vu. There were weapons on the walls, as well as bookcases that lined the walls. There was a large window on the other side of the room, which allowed sunlight to pour into the dark room.

Standing in front of the window, looking out at the fortress, was a familiar person with red hair and a redish purple scarf. As he turned around, his red and gold eyes glowed with happiness, and his smiled beamed to the girls.

"Rias, Ophis, it's good to see you both again." Y/n said, stepping around his desk towards the girls.

He was immediately hugged by the two girls, their arms wrapping around his body and clinging tightly. He stumbled back out of shock, but found his balance and stood straight, his hands wrapping around the two.

The three were silent, as they stood there, hugging in the sun of the afternoon. There was a peaceful calm to this moment, as they ignored the world in favor of the affection they shared for each other.